Barrow Fields filth
2 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
For @Reverie and/or @Boone, if you have time.

flaxen fields opened ahead of her like the sky had the night 'fore last, always raining, it seemed, and blair was always running. breathless all the way to her teeth, ankles mudstained, one eye drawn tight against the festering soreness of her face. her fur held wicked angles and appeared to still be dripping though the rain had come and gone.

her legs shook before they gave out from underneath her. she ragdolled to the ground in dramatic fashion.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
In the distance, a girl. Reverie caught sight of her moments before she fell, and paused for a moment, casting a glance at Boone. Oh, I guess we should help... She breathed softly, and started to guide Blossom over to where the girl had fallen.
Are you alright? Reverie called tentatively, glancing warily into the distance every few seconds. It didn't seem as if anyone or anything was pursuing the stranger — but that didn't mean much. She sniffed tentatively around the fallen figure as she neared, hoping to catch any scents. But there were none. Only the girl, and the sea. It was odd, but so was Reverie, so she didn't mind it.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
2 Posts
Ooc —
teeth clacked through tongue, her broken face cracked. a keening wail erupted from her chest, the pain as bright as it was the night she'd been spilt open.

blair spat bloodied venom towards the stranger, some sweetgrass apparition, as she staggered upright. she didn't hear what was asked, only what she thought she might've heard. no, she snarled, biting back against fear and shame. i ain't need nothin'.

two whole moons now she'd been going. she didn't need no one else.

lawmen, women or a shallow grave
same ol' blues just a different day
146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Reverie led, and for the most part, Boone followed.
Family, friends, whoever she sought to visit, little girl Blossom toddling at her hip; he never strayed too far, and never for long were they apart. Space when she needed it, and closeness all the same.
The coastline felt as if it dragged along forever. He hadn't realized it'd be so big, and so damn empty. Seabirds and foamy waves that came and went, sparse grasslands and cliffs of imposing stature. But none of it felt like home. A little further inland they went, and it was, admittedly, more his speed — big, rolling hills, flowerbeds, bright skies! Mountains, now, visible on the horizon!
But now, just as a rhythm had been settled upon, they were not alone.
Coming upon the cap of a hill, a cluster of legs was visible in the wildgrass like a stumbling fawn. Whoa, his lips curl into a grimace, speech whistled out the side of his mouth as he lumbers closer to the figure. A girl.
Reverie speaks. The girl snaps. An accent, just like his, and something warm spreads within his chest. Hey, hey, hey, a protective limb reaches out to cover little Blossom before he lowers himself into a crouch. we don't mean you no harm, ma'am. We're just makin' sure you're okay. he murmurs, urgency laced in the din of his voice. My name is Boone. This here is Reverie, and that right there is l'il Blossom.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The girl was afraid; Reverie was reminded sharply of @Tauris, and her heart ached for the bleeding stranger. She couldn't leave her like this. Just as she prepared to approach with soft words, Boone appeared. She was startled for a moment. Her gaze followed the protective gesture toward Blossom, and some strange nameless warmth bloomed in her chest.
He was so gentle. Reverie stood back in quiet admiration of him for a moment, his easy compassion, the way he took the delicate situation deftly into his own hands. Then her eyes returned to the girl, still warm. You're hurt, She said softly. I can help, if you want. Distantly, Reverie was still thinking of Tauris, remembering the day they'd met; wondering where she was now, and if she was happy.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you