Hushed Willows [m] I'll grow bitters on the borders of your whistling skin
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Hearthwood had truly settled, and Reverie was beginning to settle too. She was often occupied with teaching Reina and Blossom the basics of her trade, but recently she'd taken up a little project of her own. Just a few days prior she'd found a single antler half-buried in the snow, largely intact and impressive in its size. Reverie had known immediately what she would do with it.

It took time, of course. First she'd smeared it with dark berries she'd found in a snow-capped shrub, and then it sat for a day before she took it to the lake to be rinsed, leaving a faint bluish tint to all the crevices and flaws. She let it dry again, and hung it with frosted tendrils of willow leaves, and red and yellow witch-hazel tucked into the tines. Reverie wasn't sure what her husband's favorite color was, and so she tried to include all of them. Finally, when it was ready, she brought it to their den and laid it on the stone central to its main chamber, where it sat under a sliver of sunlight. She slipped back to the entrance and called for @Boone, hoping he wasn't busy just then.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you

lawmen, women or a shallow grave
same ol' blues just a different day
146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
he thought he heard a strange clamor just outside the denmouth.
leadership meant responsibility, and responsibility meant always being busy. there was little in the way of downtime to be found for him. if he wasn't hunting he was patrolling, and if he wasn't patrolling he was training, and if he wasn't training he was eating, and if he wasn't eating he was asleep; and that was where he was now, twitching as the aching, shrill scrape of antlers found him in his dreams.
when he woke, one eye popped open and his head slowly began to turn toward the open face, where evening light slowly crawled in.
reverie? he drawls, fighting the scratchiness of sleep that threatened to break his gentle tone. what-- you home?
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Oh! He'd been sleeping! Reverie's ears dropped momentarily, but she hoped that her gift would be worth it in the end. She went to him, pressing her muzzle gently to his cheek for a moment. She was careful with him, always careful since she'd — well. She wouldn't risk a repeat. Sorry I woke you up, She whispered, tail swishing guiltily at her hocks.

I made something for you, Reverie added with a little gesture toward the antler. Her tail picked up its pace, though she tried to stifle it, vibrating where she stood even as she fought a terrible case of the wiggles. It had taken her so long to spot the perfect gift for him! And she still wasn't sure whether he'd like it. So Reverie watched him carefully as she led him to where the antler sat in the light.

After a moment, she thought to advise very seriously: Don't eat the flowers.

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
boone's jaws stretch in a wide-berthed yawn, and his footfalls are heavy as he trudges closer to the denmouth. i'm sure i needed a new sleep schedule anyway.
he blinks away the grogginess and his eyes finally focus on her gift. an ungulate's antler, painted violet and decorated with colors he never even really knew existed. it was so delicate, so intricate, so thoughtful
the first thing he does after staring at it for way too long is burst into ugly, messy tears.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All the excitement drained from her as Boone burst into tears, and for a moment Reverie was dismayed. Why was he crying? But she thought about it for a second, as she reached out to embrace him softly, and she felt she understood then. He'd told her about his life before her, after all. Who would have given him gifts then?

I love you, She murmured, kissing his cheek, pulling him close. I - I wanted to - show you how much I appreciate you, and everything you've done for me. You deserve beautiful things, you know? I want to give you more, soon... this is just the first thing I found. She kissed his tears away one by one, tracing the features of his face with purest adoration.

I don't think you realize how wonderful you are, Reverie smiled slightly as she said it, pulling away to meet the dark eyes she loved so much. But I'm going to fix that. Even if it takes the rest of our lives.

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
she embraces him and he all but melts into it, a pile of ashen pelt as his face finds the space between neck and shoulder. he stays there, for a while, squeezing her with strong arms and waiting for the tears to subside.
i love you so much, he says it muffled once, then twice; and then again, clearly, as he pulls away to kiss the space between her eyes. there was so little for him to say, so much that now flooded him in an overwhelming splendor, and all he could manage was a quiet; thank you.
he loved her. he did, he did, he did.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Sexual themes
He filled all of her senses, surrounded her with his scent and his warmth, and his tears brought her own after a time. She had done this; she had brought this happiness to him. And he loved her.

All Reverie had ever wanted was to be enough, finally. And she was.

Oh, now you're making me cry, She laughed tearfully, kissing his nose. You're welcome. I never thought anyone could be - happy with me, like this. She buried her nose in his ruff, trailing kisses along the side of his neck and down his shoulder. Mm... why are you so... so distracting. Less a question than an observation; she pressed closer, heart racing now.

And how'd I land the most beautiful man this side of the mountains? Her kisses turned to preening, her voice a playful murmur. Come spring I'll be fighting off hordes of jealous women.

Their affection turned heated after a time. There were no more words after that; only the tangling sound of their wildly beating hearts.