Hoshor Plains tangerine
Loner
105 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
a lone man watched with surprised black eyes the throng of wolves in the plains.

he kept his distance.

but apollyon's heart raced, for perhaps this was what he had sought.

a full-throated cry burnt into the air, a promise of entertainment for women curious.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Cameo!
A man watched them from afar. But Reverie didn't notice him, not at first; not until his call rang out over the crowd and prickled at the hairs along her spine. This was just the first of what was to come, surely. She knew the ways of men, the things they sought at this time of year.

Reverie cast only a single glance toward the source of the call. Then she pressed herself to @Boone's side, visibly unsettled. As long as she stayed near her husband, she told herself, nothing bad could happen. But she wondered, just a little bit, what it might have been like to be unmarried, untethered; would she have answered the call then?

Another glance, and she decided that she would not. He wasn't quite pretty enough.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
maleah was not sure what drew her to the strange voice. instinct, perhaps, or maybe it was fear — it circled in the chasm of her ribcage. coraline had agreed to stay with the children while the beryl turned to investigate.
don't get too close, she'd been told by the girl. dey know what dey be doin'.
maleah came forth with a wary stare that said what words could not and a tail that swept low at her heels.
Loner
105 Posts
Ooc — ebony
a golden woman watched, but she stayed close to a brawny man.

a darker wolf separated from the throng and approached. apollyon brightened, stalking closer with a proud tilt to his strong shoulders.

"you're from the sea. why has everyone come here?" the rogue asked in a rasping purr.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
hungry, amused eyes trace her figure. she cannot read the set of his shoulders nor the tone of his voice.
to hunt, she responds matter-of-factly, mirroring him with her own strong stance in order to make herself appear tall. she is dwarfed by him, and she is not sure how to feel about it. i'm assuming you're not with anybody else, huh?
Loner
105 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"i'm a free agent," apollyon told the pretty woman with her ruddy accents, taking a moment to step closer.

"lot of hunters. usually we don't cooperate like this," the demon observed, but the black eyes had not swayed from her face. "do you need me for something?"

there was a tease in his throat.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
i'm amazed it hasn't devolved into total chaos, she mused, making light conversation with a soft twitch of her nose. lotta different people in one place, y'know?
he leers at her, and for a moment maleah is oblivious to it until she feels an unconscious stirring within her gut. not yet her time, not yet her season, and yet she could not deny the way her face fizzled with warmth beneath her pelt.
men.
she responds with a coy lift of a brow. do you think i might?
Loner
105 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"i think you do," apollyon rejoined with little hesitation and another flick of his eyes over her, more slowly this time.

"not a fan of crowds."

his brow arched. the pale feet stepped backward.

would she follow?
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
maleah had never had eyes on her in this way, at least not in any time recently. she, decidedly, did not know how to feel about it.
she shuffles uncomfortably for a moment before she steps in tandem with the handsome stranger. i've never been a fan of them either. it's part of why i chose the sea.
that, and the lack of lecherous tongues. but perhaps this one was not so bad.
Loner
105 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she came along with him, and he grinned his delight.

"no sea here. but we can ditch the crowds," he teased, leading her up and over a small rise which made the gathering fall away steeply below them.

here the sky near touched the golden waves of grassland, and here he turned to look at her, admiring her pretty shoulders and the careful look in her eyes. "i'm apollyon."