Cedar Sweep Healing and Breaking, small divide
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
Petite black body moved along the trees of cedar. The smell intoxicating and warm. Curling around her. Brown eyes swung from one place to another, while she hunted for a certain plant.

She was a naturalist more than a healer, but she wanted to be both. So with that in mind she went after the Ginkgo tree, that made it's home among other trees. The leaves wonderful for healing. Breathing ailments, Fatigue and helped improve your mind. She briefly thought of the blade Adlartok for that. He was old and his memory was possibly failing. This would help and yet the seeds themselves.

She gave a little shudder at that making sure she held her pouch of rabbit fur with her. They could cause terrible things to happen. Small doses weren't too bad, but if someone ate them in excess or say they made their way into someone's food. It could cause seizures and eventually death. She was on the hunt for the tree with lots of branches and yellow leaves.
215 Posts
Ooc —
the warchief had offered him a place.

he had accepted.

now he looked for things to feel more at peace. he wished to carve his own place, his own cache. that way he would not need to take from the other medics. so he returned to the sweep with hopes of collecting whatever may be left here.

but here he found another saint.

one who seemed to be on a search. tentatively he spoke up.

do you need help?
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
A young man about her age of ivory and russet came across her. She turned brown eyes upon him and tilted her downy head. Fur layered a small chill. He was bigger than even she. Granted it wasn't hard. She was a tiny, petite thing. Sometimes even thought of as a younger pup, barely out of adolescence.

She gave a tentative sniff. He smelled of the warchief, of herbs and grass. One ear forward one back.

Do you know of the Gingko tree? Her voice heavily accented curled around him.
215 Posts
Ooc —
she smelled of herbal things, a medic without a doubt he figured. close to his age, somehow smaller than even him.

he tried not to stare too much.

i don't. he admitted sheepishly, head dipped beneath his shoulders in level. a slinking dog look about him for it. will you teach me of it?
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken turned to face him, and looked him over. First off. Never be ashamed of not knowing something. Perk up. Hold your head high. You are a master of life are you to follow the life of a medic.

She tilted black head. A Gingko tree is one you must be careful of. The leaves themselves can help with breathing ailments, fatigue and can often help those of older age, keep their faculties.

She stared at him sagely. However, the seeds can kill you quick as you please. Give you siezures and stomach cramps and make your last days most awful. Though in small doses will do nothing. I intend to find both.

She waved him onward with her tail. Have you been given a tour of the pack lands yet? We have a garden beneath the earth, that i plan to take the seeds for. And if we should ever need it. Though poison is a distasteful way to fight.

She led him forward. A gingko tree is large and has many little branches all around from the bottom. And it has yellow leaves. Beautiful and deadly.
215 Posts
Ooc —
he felt stunned into silence by her words. that he should pick his head up, have no shame. it was good advice. kind advice. but it did not fit him. like a coat three sizes too big. especially when his own body did not fit him again yet, sagging from time as a loner.

he could not even fake confidence!

but he did not comment, kept his lips sealed and merely listened to her knowledge. horrified and intrigued all at once. that the leaves were the life force and the seeds might kill one with ease.

i could learn to...fight with poison. if you find it distasteful? it was a sudden idea. bold and new, but he grasped to it like a needy child. the urge to rebuild himself and make things knew.

he padded after her with ease, eyes examining the leaves.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken was a bold wolf. She was a Svartravn! They did not shirk. So she did not. Her tone confident her advice hearty and bold as she. But she understood sometimes this was not the way of things. She had known of a Kvitravn, born of a Svartravn who could barely hold her head upon her shoulders and the ease with which she spoke was broken with repeatings and ticks.

Maiken eyed him with sharp gaze. Yes I can teach you this. You misunderstand. I do not find myself above poison, or it's uses. I find that i prefer to fight in the open, with my teeth and claws and voice. However.

She grew quiet as she thought of how to put this. Were there a threat to my loves ones or myself, if there was a way that I couldn't win with brute force and spite alone. Then I would utilize poisons.

Even poisons can help heal. If you swallow something that you should not. There are plants that poison the stomach so that it roils and bubbles and makes you throw up that with which you ate.
215 Posts
Ooc —
she was a wellspring of knowledge. overflowing with the advice she gave. yet veran understood one thing the most. that he could not fight with teeth and claws.

medicine was his way over that, to utilize plants instead of his body.

you're very smart. he commented in a small voice, a slight dip of his muzzle for respect. they were the same age and yet he felt like he stood beyond a great elder, smarter than he may ever be.

do you have an apprentice?

he asked, then quickly pressed his lips tight together.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken had been born into a savage land, a savage family. Her torso peppered with the pain of such a life. Bore from the very man that sired her. But she wore them well. Draped in ebony shadows, with white lines upon her soul.

Takk skal du ha The words slipped from her maw before she could draw them back. Though she quickly shook her head and gave him a smile.

Forgive me. Thank you, is what i said.

I do not. You want to learn?

She stopped moving to study him. Brown eyes taking in his form, his mannerisms. He was not confident, but she could fix that. The question became would he utilize all she taught to heal or to hurt.
215 Posts
Ooc —
he was content to glaze over her unknown words. foreign languages were not so odd to hear, and she quickly explained. this he did feel grateful for.

but—

please, he nearly stumbled over himself to get the word out. eyes drifted to her before falling to her paws. in his mind, she was above him without doubt.

i know some things but i'm not as knowledgeable as...you.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She smiled at his exuberance. I am Maiken Svartravn. She motioned for him to continue as she walked.

Today I look for the Gingko tree, it is in large forests at the edge usually. There are other plants to be sought out. Bergamot for fevers, aloe for soothing, even plums can be utilized to heal.

She tilted her head as she walked. What plants do you know of? Did you have training before or learned from trial and error?
215 Posts
Ooc —
maiken svartravn.

it was a name. one he decided he'd be better off not saying in full. veran, he offered quickly in return before she carried on with her lesson. well, he assumed it must be a lesson. he was learning after all.

i had...very brief training but — comfrey leaves, goldenseal, slippery elm, chamomile. he knew more, but it felt silly to sit here and list them all. enough, i think, to quickly patch somebody but not enough for vital things.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
You may call me Maiken or Mai, whichever is easier. My name is not an easy one.

Veran. She tested the name upon her tongue and into the air. It suited him, in some strange way. It fit the wolf before her.

You know more than you think then. Cobwebs and Moss can be utilized to stop bleeding if need be, preferably cobwebs as they are cleaner.

She continued onward stopping as the tree came into her view and she smiled. There's the treasure for our hunt.

She pushed the rabbit fur down and onto the ground. We will use our paws for the seeds and then wash them thoroughly in a river. The small bit on there shouldn't harm us, but better safe than sorry. We want more leaves than seeds.
215 Posts
Ooc —
she offered alternatives and he offered back a small sheepish grin of appreciation. it was not hard to often read his emotions in his body language. and as a medic he imagined she might be even more in tune with that.

she informed him of moss and cobwebs, things that made sense to him. although he had never had the need to use them. he wondered...how he could test these things. who might be hurt for him to tend to.

are fallen leaves any good? do we need to pluck them straight from the tree?

already he began to scour the earth around the base of the tree.

edit: post 100 for you!!
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
This ivory kissed wolf knew more than most who were wanting to learn, and for that she was grateful. They would not be apprentice master, but perhaps friends who both loved medicine.

You should seek out Arlette when we return. She knows even more than I.

If you pick them from the ground, be sure they are not to brittle to carry. We do not want them to fall apart before we even make it back to our home.

She herself sniffed at the base of the tree, searching out the bitter tangy smell of the seeds. She found them, and with gentle tiny paw swipes she pulled a few into the rabbit skin. She did not want many, just enough.

Congratulations!
215 Posts
Ooc —
maiken collected seeds.

he collected the leaves that were freshest upon the ground, ones that had not yet fully shriveled and dried. he returned them to her at once. prepared to settle them into her rabbit skin.

i can always come back for more too, it's so close.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken met his gaze and gave him a nudge to his shoulder, with a smile on her face. That he could. She looked around her.

I wonder if there is anything else in here? Do you know of anything that we could easily find amongst the trees here?

She eyed him again. Waiting to see if he knew of some. She could dig into her own memories, knowledge, but she wanted to see if he could come up with something first. Teachable moment as it were.
215 Posts
Ooc —
i wonder if there are raspberry leaves left over from the season, he quipped suddenly, beginning to snuffle through the ground and earth. blue eyes fixed upon the plants growing.

they are good for mothers.

this said sheepishly. he by no means had a desire to be a midwife, but it did not mean he could not find the supplies for one.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
you got my 100th too

Maiken nodded and bent her nose to the task of finding the briar thickets that held the sweet fruit.

I am sure Warchief fury will want more children. It will be good to have those.

She would also love somw other mothering plants. What were some. There was one that was good but only in small quantities one for milk Production
215 Posts
Ooc —
!! <3

he figured. although he had not met any children she did currently have, it made sense for her to wish for them.

she was the leader.

will anybody else? that way we know how much we need,

awkwardly, his gaze fluttered towards her and then back towards a tangle of ferns.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken shrugged tiny shoulders. Not sure. Have to get through winter first. There are two other femmes in pack counting myself. Poasibly a 3rd. I don't lnow warchiefs thoughts on her lower hierarchy having babes. Arlette has had children so she may also.

She sniffed a small smile on her face. We should have extra in case of.

Maiken didn't know what the future would hold. They needed to get through winter first.
215 Posts
Ooc —
could be a fade and they can have something new? <3

maybe.

maybe not.

there were plenty of women within the saints it seemed. he figured all resources would go to fury first — or he at least would put all of his own resources towards that.

so he simply nodded with an understanding. prepared to spend the next while in the sweep, collecting herbs as they saw fit before they returned home.