Wheeling Gull Isle life is too short for bad vibes
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
500 <3

If Huā had stopped to consider how she made him feel, she might've stopped. But she was too selfish for this, or perhaps too caught up in her own mind, that she could not halt the worries that poured from her lips. It was vomit of the brain- an adult tantrum. The bump to her forehead was appreciated, but could not ease the hole in her heart. The hole Ying carved each time she went away on her trips- this time for good, and the gap was carved deeper than ever before. I won't give up on her, not now, not ever. Me too, She hush-cried through a sniffle. When he spoke of the children, her face fell, eyes scrunched up. They were strong, yes. They would survive, yes. But the years of history- their own mother's history, their family- it was all gone. No stories of her adventures to tell. No knowledge of the queen of the wilderness or the barbarians of Rusalka. Only an empty body, with pumping blood and hardened muscle and bone and flesh and nothing there behind it. Of course they would make it, that she had no doubt. But there was more to life, and more to a soul than simply making it. She did not know how to express these feelings to Astaroth, certainly not in the common language, and so she simply shook her head, eyes shut, uttering I know they will. I know she will live. But there is more to life than... Than a beating heart. Than functioning muscles or a working stomach. More even than a brain that just worked, or a heart that worked- without her soul there, something would always be missing.
Messages In This Thread
life is too short for bad vibes - by Astaroth - May 06, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Huā - May 08, 2020, 06:41 PM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Astaroth - May 08, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Huā - May 09, 2020, 12:24 AM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Astaroth - May 09, 2020, 08:16 PM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Huā - May 14, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Astaroth - June 02, 2020, 02:17 AM
RE: life is too short for bad vibes - by Huā - June 03, 2020, 08:42 PM