Shadewood Dreams seem so real
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Would you like to do dice rolls to up the stakes for the hunt? More so when they're actively chasing the animal. Also sorry for the long post!

Those soft smiles Effie gave were the highlights of his night, little boosts of energy with each one; and the times she curled up against him was his cue to try to relax. Rye hated leaving her, leaving the warmth, the comfort and the tranquility within the den but it was a better safe than sorry situation and it got them through the night safely. He was thankful for it, and thankful Effie trusted him enough to be their lookout. 

Rounding the last corner of their border, Rye headed back to the den with haste, ready for another round of sleep. When he saw Effie already awake he greeted her with a smile and she returned with a smile and a soft nuzzle under his chin. A marvelous start to the morning and with a little hard work, Rye hoped they could keep the morning going strong well into the afternoon.

"That sounds like a good idea," he started, giving a second to think things through. "How about we turn this into a lesson of sorts? I can teach you all I know about hunting and tracking while we wait for game to come out of their burrows or hidey holes." He said. Hare, squirrel, maybe raccon and other small game would be on the morning menu but bigger game they came across would need to be left alone. A buck, boar or whatever else roamed the forest could more than handle two wolves not up to full strength. "Let's get going." Rye began leading the way, getting distance from the heavily wolf scented den.

Before he began to lecture, Rye thought it prudent to explain a few things. "I may say things you already know, if I start to, ignore me and if you need further explanation, let me know." He stated, "Anyways, first things first. You always remain upwind or else prey will smell you a mile away. Another thing to do is check for tracks, the bigger the animal the bigger the imprint." Rye paused for a moment, trying to summon some other helpful tip fo hunting. "Oh and keep your paws light, watch where you step. Dirt, soft grass, moss and other stuff like that is perfect for stepping silently." He explained. 

The plethora of information might've been too much for that short of time but Rye wasn't too worried, if she needed extra time to process things she could just say. They were upwind too and with it came some scents but Rye remained quiet, wondering if Effie would pick up on it first.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Dreams seem so real - by Rye - June 10, 2020, 10:13 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Effie - June 11, 2020, 10:43 AM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Rye - June 11, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Effie - June 12, 2020, 07:45 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Rye - June 12, 2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Effie - June 15, 2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Rye - June 18, 2020, 02:20 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Effie - June 19, 2020, 11:15 PM
RE: Dreams seem so real - by Rye - June 21, 2020, 04:27 PM