Greatwater Lake wrapped them in "I don't owe you a damn thing"
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

"Aye," the sylph breathes, a wisp of sound like the wind soughing in the trees around them, pale gaze flinching in confusion as it follows the slow twist of his lips. Sluggishly, as if failing to comprehend the expression. 

Something inside her stutters, and her gaze drops. That look never means anything good - not in the feral, beaten girl's experience. 

It remains downcast, leading her to miss the appreciative eyes tracing along the pale horizons of her curves. This is a blessing of the stars in itself; it would only serve to unnerve her more. The last to rake her with his gaze had been Memory - and they'd fallen apart before they could even build anything. 

"D.." she falters, struggling vaguely as she blinks. "Donav," she tries again, the misnomer thick as it tumbles from her untrained, tribal tongue. It's a wee bit sheepish, almost as if it were a question - her ears pinned and faerie eyes seeking his for approval. 

"I.." the midwife trailed off, wondering for a brief second if it was safe to trust him with the truth. "Searching," she finally answered after a beat, the whole story was too complex to explain, flashing an odd little smile. "An' ye?"

"I..I donnae know," 
she aswered honestly. She could never understand the Masters' tongue. The language was so vocal, so fluid - it was almost impossible to determine when one sound began and another ended; Fen was fairly certain there were some noises that her kind couldn't even attempt to reproduce. It wasn't something her humans could've shared - nor was it knowledge that her dam held. 

"Me mum looked like me," she added, swallowing slightly against the constriction in her throat as her gaze fell to the water's surface. Beyond her mother's face, beneath the waters, minnows flickered about her paws. The druid had fallen so still that the fish nibbled at her toes curiously.

"Just...more," she explained inadequately, brow rumpling in effort. More doglike: smaller even than the tiny wyvern, softer, finer, fluffier.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: wrapped them in "I don't owe you a damn thing" - by Necahual - June 22, 2020, 11:12 AM