Lone Star Mountain Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
It did not bother her when the other wolf jousted back at her, rather, it was thrilling. Having spent so long in her own head in pursuit of her own plots and schemes, it was refreshing to have a similar creature with which to commune. A flicker of appreciation swam in the clear blue of her gaze, the corners of her taut lips twitched.

She opens her mouth to respond and for a beat even she isn't sure what she'll say; will she lie, and take up the mantle as Reiko again, or let herself be known, finally, as she is deserving? To continue the ruse as her sister could come back to bite her - especially with another kingdom on the horizon which could become an ally - but to give her own name was disingenuous as well, for she had called herself the Empress.

There is no visible hesitation as she introduces herself: Hime Izuka. The empire claims the vale below.

Her expression lightens only slightly, showing some interest in the other wolf. They called their home the queen's realm which was curious. The other woman carries many scents with her — the most intriguing one being a musky male scent that she's found before. She cannot place where she'd found it before, having forgotten about the altercation with Memory at the Vale's edge.

We are self-sufficient within the Vale, and our scouts do not venture far. There is no need for it, really. For all Hime knew, and with all the upheaval recently within the Empire, those with any roaming proclivities were left to roam within the vale rather than outside of it; perhaps it would be wise to push for allegiance further afield. She could pressure Reiko for such, or seek it herself and build an allegiance on her own - hmm.

Does it agree with you, your home? It was wise to be amicable for the time being. See what sort of details she could suss out for future use.
Messages In This Thread
Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Orlaith - July 10, 2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Hime - July 10, 2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Hime - July 12, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Hime - July 12, 2020, 06:18 PM