Haunted Wood When I was a young boy
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It was only because he had his face turned to her wound that she wouldn't see the way his eyes widened, silver and black misting over for a moment before the moistness was blinked away. Gritting his teeth together he stopped moving and the skin along his spine shivered for a moment as he fought between the overwhelming desire to throw his head around hers and hug her and continue treating her wounds. Catching the sound of her ragged breath he opted to treat her and gingerly picked up a bramble between his teeth and placed it at the edge of her wound in her fur where he secured the moss to it and repeated silently one by one until her wound was bandaged properly. Marvelling at what was the first proper treatment he had done for anyone other than himself and Clay he was struck again by her words this time his gaze flying to her turned face. They all carried some shit with them and he remembered Memory telling him the orders he'd carried out for his old alpha, how he'd seemed almost too past what he'd done. Vanity looked....wrecked. "Keep your head away from that shit. You have kids now...Living healthy ones that you've done amazingly by. Leshen and Arwen are the only ones who haven't tried to book it when they realised they have legs. Even Guardian went for it" he didn't know how to comfort someone who carried such a terrible memory, such a terrible thing done by their own jaws but he could try. In fact....moving close he gently stretched out his chin aiming to place it on her shoulder if allowed and then nestle closer against her chest as much like a child as he could at his size "you'll always be my...my mom and a better Nightwalker than anyone could have aspired to be. Vengeance sucked and i'm...really glad you did better than him" the word stumbled awkwardly, tripping from his lips in barely more than a murmur as half fogged images of a tiny little brown and white she wolf smiling down at him slipped further and further away. All he could focus on was the masked woman right here, the one who'd given him the hope and determination he needed to keep him warm in the cold world that had been their life for a year now. 
not crying at all right now. Not one tear.
3/10 mastery
Messages In This Thread
When I was a young boy - by Valour - July 13, 2020, 07:25 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Vanity - July 15, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Valour - July 21, 2020, 06:47 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Vanity - July 22, 2020, 10:29 AM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Valour - July 22, 2020, 12:03 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Vanity - July 22, 2020, 12:52 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Valour - July 22, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Vanity - July 23, 2020, 02:07 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Valour - July 23, 2020, 06:11 PM
RE: When I was a young boy - by Vanity - July 28, 2020, 02:11 PM