Greatwater Lake wrapped them in "I don't owe you a damn thing"
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

But she was - at least for one fleeting second.

How could she not be? Mayhaps he was like her in some way, they shared a great deal in common, but he was still a stranger - no matter how familiar he felt. It was an impossible feat, to remain perfectly calm in the presence of a self-proclaimed rapist and murderer. 

Her heartbeat seemed to swell between them - rapid as a hummingbird's wings - and electric adrenaline rushed through her dizzyingly. Despite her momentary internal panic, however, the only sign to betray it was a slight shudder borne of nerves as her eerie eyes remained locked upon her paws anxiously.

After a few moments, when she was still in one piece at his side, she urged herself to settle. If he'd wanted to harm her in any way, he'd have done so already. 

"Ze others? Zey wronged ye?" She dared to question him, the words tiny and timid. Her gaze would find him once again, open and reflective, brow faintly furrowed as if attempting to puzzle him out. 

She had mentioned violence without cause - inflicting pain for the sake of relishing in another's torment. If he had done those horrible things, then was he truly an avenging victim laying waste to those who'd wronged him or just a man getting his rocks off? 

"May'aps ve should speak of other zings," the seelie murmured after a moment, for she felt she was beginning to go to a dark place in her mind. 

Her pallid gaze danced away, sliding to the stars above as they began to wink into view with the evening's progression into night. "'ave ye any interest in ze stars?" 

Random, but that was good. Something that wouldn't have the warlord examining his own soul, something that wouldn't trigger bad memories on her end. Besides, when was the last time she stayed up into the night with good company - just speaking, of anything and everything?
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: wrapped them in "I don't owe you a damn thing" - by Necahual - July 29, 2020, 03:54 AM