Sunbeam Lair i promised i wouldn’t do it again
62 Posts
Ooc —
Thade responded to earth-knight's statement with a quietly perplexed look. He spared a moment to tip his chin downward, and take a deep whiff of his own stench, which made him scrunch up his nose at the sour-smelling reminder of Mother's unnaturally still body.
B'fore? he repeated thoughtfully. The first thing that came to mind was the giant hole in the ground he'd found a few days prior — bigger than any rabbit's burrow he'd ever seen — and the scruffy black and white creature that had angrily emerged from it, teeth gnashing. Well, a giant skunk-thing tried'a eat me, he said with a slight upper inflection, as if asking if this was what Cenric wanted to hear.
He carried on quickly, without prompting. And Mother fighted it off... Thade's voice faded at the memory of the vicious battle Mother had endured, and the way she had held her wounded, dripping paw to her chest when it was all over; but she didn' walk so good after. Infection would do the rest of the work, and it didn't take long. Mother is here too, she jus' wouldn' wake up after our nap no more. Thade shrugged again, only half-understanding that Mother was dead and gone forever. Part of him didn't know she would no longer come after him, but he did at least figure that the longer she was "dead," the longer he had to find mama and papa.
I'm gonna go find my familie while she can't chase me yet, he admitted in a giddy whisper, tail wriggling in the soft loam, as he fidgeted from his sit. The skinny lad seemed more eager now to share all his dirty secrets with the only other wolf he'd met in months. It didn't occur to him that Cenric might be on Mother's side; ready to take him back to her desperate corpse at any second.
Messages In This Thread
i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 25, 2020, 03:26 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 25, 2020, 07:32 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 25, 2020, 09:29 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 25, 2020, 10:08 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 26, 2020, 12:08 AM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 26, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 26, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 26, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 27, 2020, 10:30 AM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 27, 2020, 12:55 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 28, 2020, 11:37 AM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 28, 2020, 02:51 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 30, 2020, 08:41 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 30, 2020, 10:17 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 31, 2020, 11:06 AM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - August 31, 2020, 02:06 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - August 31, 2020, 10:29 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Thade - September 01, 2020, 07:13 PM
RE: i promised i wouldn’t do it again - by Cenric - September 02, 2020, 06:00 PM