Greatwater Lake i got my ticket for the long way round.
49 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
Tehama stepped through the cold dew-covered grasses and drew up closer to the other wolf, to be within conversational distance.  Her voice was decidedly feminine, and this along with her amicable tone set the Moonspear wolf at ease.  Despite her acquaintance made with Tahoe near a similar lake, she would not have been so ready to speak with a stranger male; she still recalled the unsettling encounter with a dark beast of a wolf further south when she had newly arrived in the Teekons.  But this lithe silver creature seemed no threat, and Te held her tail and ears in a neutral-calm fashion to project her own lack of animosity.

"I didn't think anyone else would be out at this early hour," Tehama said warmly, to show she didn't mind the lack of solitude.  "I've come down from Moonspear to the southwest.  It's my... home."  And it felt good to call her new pack home, even to a stranger.  Nudging her muzzle towards the glasslike surface of the lake, where a pair of nearby ducks sailed along but kept a wary eye on the wolves, Te added, "I was considering taking one of the birds, but now I'm not sure I wouldn't end up wet, cold, and with nothing to show for it in the end."  The Moonspear wolf grinned sheepishly, thinking of how frigid the creek had been with Sialuk tending her now-scabbed porcupine wound--and that had been during daylight hours.  One thing was clear: the oncoming winter weather had done nothing to silence Tehama's talkative nature, now that she was increasingly comfortable with her mountain pack and no longer worried where her next meal would come from, or where she would next lay her head.
Messages In This Thread
i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - October 25, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 03, 2020, 10:15 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 05, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 05, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 08, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 17, 2020, 05:58 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 23, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 08, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - December 12, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 17, 2020, 07:24 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - January 11, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - January 15, 2021, 05:46 PM