Greatwater Lake i got my ticket for the long way round.
49 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
So sorry, I thought I had replied a while ago on this!

Tehama dipped her head cordially in acknowledgement of the other woman's introduction, filing away the first name along with her silver features, and marking the surname.  Tehama's own line had been more interested in passing along the title of Tehama matrilineally than inheriting a last name, but she had not missed the common practice in these parts of having a family name and introducing oneself by it.  The long history behind the Frostfur nomenclature in these and other parts was far beyond Tehama's knowledge or understanding, but already she was beginning to know the family name of the Ostregas, so prolific upon her own mountain home.  It wouldn't surprise the surnameless female if Frostfurs, too, ruled a nearby pack... although she didn't believe she scented a multitude of others on Eshe, and the name of any such pack was not forthcoming from the woman.

Setting aside that momentary speculation, the Moonspearian considered the question Eshe posed.  "Well, we can play to our strengths then, and if you flush them out, I'll catch."  Or rather, she hoped she would be able to catch.  The tawny woman half-crouched and crept slowly down the gentle slope to the lake's banks, watching as the sun's rays crested over the far horizon and cast golden light through the rolling mist and onto the lake.  A small flock of ducks squabbled and quacked some few wolflengths away, and Tehama gave them a wide berth.  The she-wolf made a show of ignoring their presence so as not to alarm the avians where they milled about, half on shore and half in the lapping shallow water.  One of them appeared older, moving less than his brethren, though without any obvious injury or deformity.  For Eshe's benefit, she pricked her ears in their direction, lowered her tail in concentration.  She glanced over her shoulder in askance: a likely target?
Messages In This Thread
i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - October 25, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 03, 2020, 10:15 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 05, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 05, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 08, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 17, 2020, 05:58 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 23, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 08, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - December 12, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 17, 2020, 07:24 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - January 11, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - January 15, 2021, 05:46 PM