Duskfire Glacier Remember when, I was young and so were you
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
gross phone post, seems bugged.

His wife, their child. Missing. From dawn til dusk and dusk til dawn, he howled for them, pleaded for their return. His vocal cords lasted a week before they fettered out, for two days he spoke with a rasp, the remnants of his strained cords still slightly present. Rye secluded himself to a den far away from everyone else, staying in his families den wasn't manageable, Rye could not bring himself to return, his families smells still strong on their beds. A painful reminder of what had been so unjustly ripped away from him. Fear filled his belly and left no room for food, for the latter days of the week he did not eat, hardly drank, and barely slept. His hair grew into an unkempt mess, wiry, furled and dingy. There was no worrying over self care while his family was out there somewhere.

Rye tried to remain patient the first week, understanding traveling on a schedule is nearly impossible to keep uniform but as the first week passed, it began to sink in his family may be gone. As much as he wanted someone to blame, there was only himself. He made the choice to stay and now he was cursing his name, and cursing himself for not being a better father, a better husband. Things needed to change.

Rye hauled himself up and out of his temporary den, trotting to his families den to collect his medical satchel. He tossed it around his neck and headed for the melt water with a small scrap of food. He hoped to run into someone along the way, to let them know of his few week departure.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 01, 2021, 12:48 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 01, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 01, 2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 01, 2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 02, 2021, 09:21 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 02, 2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 11, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 11, 2021, 07:29 PM