Duskfire Glacier Howling at the sun and now Im blind
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Through the grape vine had he learned of Winters death and Tzilas suicide. At first there was no room to process the tragedy, too occupied with his familial grief, but there came a day where he pondered on what happened. Specifically Tzilas actions, uncomfortably fast he came to the resolution she wasn't in the wrong. Rye was sure everyone else must've thought she was but what did they know? Losing a spouse, a best friend, so suddenly left even the strongest debilitated and Tzila was as strong as the glacier itself. He would miss her, and Winter. 
The closer he got to the melt water, the tighter his belly twisted into a knot. It slowed down his pace to a careful walk, he took extra time to get there in thinking whoever was there might finish up and leave. That didn't work. On his approach Rye spotted Meerkat, he sighed knowing damn well she was going to talk to him. He felt stupid for being so obstinate, he knew he should be looking to his friends for support but something inside him said no. It was a mean voice, very demanding.
She began with a simple greeting, Rye tried to replicate his normal, happy, smile but was sure it came out lopsided. "Hey." He repeated. "I won't stay long and bother you." His gaze averted from her eyes, favoring the water below. Rye knew she'd protest, like any good friend might but he also knew that no one liked to be around miserable people. He wouldn't force her to stay or force himself to be happy for her sake either. Of course, I'm selfish, why would I try?
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Rye - December 13, 2021, 08:10 PM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Meerkat - December 14, 2021, 11:51 AM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Rye - December 15, 2021, 11:52 AM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Meerkat - December 15, 2021, 03:11 PM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Rye - December 16, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Meerkat - December 16, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Rye - December 28, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Howling at the sun and now Im blind - by Meerkat - December 28, 2021, 09:55 PM