Duskfire Glacier Can it all be too real?
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The husband watched his wife closely, watching her lips move as she stumbled over her words, watching as her expressions changed, he nearly studied her like ancient carvings in a cave. He soaked up every detail she offered, knowingly or otherwise. Rye molded to her body as she sought out his comforts once again, peppering feather like kisses where he could. The issue of communication had been present from day one, although it didn't deter Rye from loving his wife, it certainly made it arduous to convey his love for her. Now their son was on a similar boat but learning was easier as a kid, so Rye worried less for the boy. The epsilon had been meaning to learn his wife's language for many fortnights but had lazily gone about asking her, another regret he harbored close to chest.  

"It will be okay, I promise you," He started, gifting another kiss. "I understand your frustration but in time we can both better learn the others language." Rye pulled back to gaze at his wife, a smile present. "Seasons have passed and I failed to let you know my intentions, that I am going to learn to speak your mother tongue. I'm sorry for not being a better husband, my wife." He said sincerely. The man sunk into himself, brows furrowing. Language was not the only thing he wished to learn more about, Rye wanted to know about her beliefs, in depth. For some unknown reason, he was drawn to her rituals, he enjoyed watching her and participating when he could but that was a conversation for another time. "For now, try your best, it's okay if it takes a few tries to get across what you want to say but we can use those moments as learning opportunities." As ever, Rye offered the bright side of the situation.

Sorry about the wait! Been a busy bee

"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Can it all be too real? - by Rye - February 06, 2022, 11:55 AM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Imaq - February 09, 2022, 04:01 PM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Rye - February 14, 2022, 08:09 PM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Imaq - February 21, 2022, 10:28 AM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Sikuliak - March 05, 2022, 01:04 PM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Rye - March 05, 2022, 02:34 PM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Imaq - March 18, 2022, 02:40 PM
RE: Can it all be too real? - by Rye - April 11, 2022, 09:16 PM