Nimbus Summit You will be less than a grain of salt but more than an ounce of gold
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
No worries!
Anger was not what he was met with, to his surprise the first thing that met his body was Imaqs muzzle, sifting through his walnut coat. He watched with abundant curiosity, tilting his head until she worked her way up to his neck, he hissed at the sudden abrasion. The pain worsened as she began to clean his wounds, it was akin to sparks lighting just under his skin, his nose scrunched in discomfort but otherwise he let his wife be. Although pain was at the forefront of his mind, her attention didn't dare go unappreciated by him. He loved it, she was more than he deserved, how could he fail his wife so?

"Annak, I promise I'm fine." He told her, there was a poultice he could have her apply sometime later. His wife pulled away, saying something in her language that Rye didn't remember the meaning of but he took her walking towards the den as a hint. He followed, wrapping himself around Sikuliak once in the den. Rye cleaned his head, mumbling to hold still as he finished cleaning but upon checking his boys head, the father realized it was just his fur color, not dirt. 'Whoops'.

Rye grasped the squirrel by its tail and set it before his son, instructing him on how to open its belly with ease and before Imaq could start on her badger, the father grabbed it too. Rye punctured its abdomen but only skin level, working his bottom canine up to the badgers jaw, effectively starting the skinning process. After pulling the skin back a bit, he nosed the dead animal towards his wife. "You eat your fill, then I will eat whatever is left over." He instructed, "Please." Quickly adding after, not wanting any protests. Their full bellies came first, not his own.    
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."