Nimbus Summit You will be less than a grain of salt but more than an ounce of gold
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
He still wanted to know what happened, since their return his curiosity has burned but he wasn't sure how to approach the situation. Inevitably he would ask but it wasn't the right moment. Pulling his attention to the meal being set off to the side, he gazed at his wife with an amused grin, the man nodded his head, understanding. Always a loving wife, she is. Rye nosed through the meal, his belly surprising him with a vicious growl, he didn't need to hear much more to dig in. For a while they ate in silence, Rye happily delighted in the peace.

The quiet was finally broken when Imaq questioned his neck wound, he shook his head, gently laughing. "Our meal didn't want to be our meal." He informed, a chuckle rumbling in his chest. "I doubted the badgers strength and earned the stripes to show for it." A lesson learned but there was more pressing matters floating around him. He wasn't sure how much he should tell his wife but lying didn't sit right with him and half-truths were just lies with extra steps. As much as the truth ashamed him, he had to tell the truth, at least to his wife.  

"Wife, follow me, I need to talk to you in private." Rye got up and exited the den, waiting for his wife just outside in case she needed his help. He didn't know what it was like to walk with just three legs but he was sure it wasn't an easy adjustment. It pained his chest to know something awful happened to his wife, shame still haunted him for not finding them soon enough. Once they were both away from the den, Rye sat, a long sigh flaring his nostrils. "Imaq," He started somberly. "A pack was found close to ours, a pack I fear is very dangerous. I made a mistake while you were gone in stoking the fire between me and their leader. I was dizzy with anger then and stupid. I can't imagine they will react well knowing I am their neighbor." He frowned, casting his gaze to his feet momentarily. "I need to make a trip back towards the glacier to check up on an old friend and possibly find a safer home, I promise not be gone for long. I told Lane a week at most and I plan to keep my word, I've also asked her to look after you two while I'm gone. I know you can take care of yourself but knowing someone has their eye on you two eases my worries." He didn't want to part with them, not again but the drive to ensure his familys safety pushed him to do this. "I'm sorry I put you two into this spot, I can't express my regret enough." The father searched for his wifes gaze, deeply longing to embrace her, his paw slipped forward but then slunk back to his side; unsure if she craved the same affection.    
Just an fyi, Rye did return within a week. I just didn't get to write the retuning thread! 
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."