Altar of Twilight Never had so[M]eone to call my own
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Akta still felt guilt residing in her as she looked at Heph. Her affection towards him was almost an admission that he was the wolf she cut their journey short for, why they would not see the ocean. However, some resilient part within her knew they would together, someday. Heph's response was expected, she knew this wolf was one that longed to see things.

That depends on what you think you could offer and what you want in return.

Atka's ears perked at that, glancing at Dreven from the corner of her eyes. His words almost sounded like an offer. Atka did not want to keep her from what made her happy, this wolf was dear to Atka, but if Heph wished to stay, she would have no complaints. Even if Heph chose to remain nearby for a short time, she would make the most of that.

I am content here, but Atka is good. Most definitely too good for here. I would feel better if I had someone else on her side. If there is an agreement of sorts we could come too. I'd not have you leave her.

Atka caught his gaze as he spoke, her expression blank for a moment. She opened her mouth to retort, wanting to explain she would be fine, but she remained silent, biting her tongue. His concern was geniune, she again felt guilty for wanting to argue that, leaning against him instead. Atka desired for Heph to be happy, not to put her life on hold for Atka's own safety. Curiosity stirred in her, she had a few ideas as to what the wolf's response would be, but she didn't entirely know.

❝I know there are things you wish to see Heph...❞ Atka paused, staring at Heph with a seemingly pensive expression, ❝Do not feel obligated to stay for my safety, but if you chose to do so I won't argue.❞

Atka's words were sincere, emphasizing her do not. She left Dreven's side to press her nose against the top of Heph's head, stretching to reach. She then stepped back to find her gaze again, ears pulling back.

❝If you decide to leave, I will remember you all the same and await your return.❞
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Messages In This Thread
Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - August 28, 2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - August 29, 2022, 09:25 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - August 31, 2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - August 31, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 01, 2022, 02:22 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 02, 2022, 09:44 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 02, 2022, 09:52 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 02, 2022, 02:58 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 03, 2022, 02:15 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 03, 2022, 02:49 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 03, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 05, 2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 06, 2022, 07:02 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 07, 2022, 06:18 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 08, 2022, 12:25 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 08, 2022, 07:17 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 10, 2022, 02:33 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 11, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 11, 2022, 06:07 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 11, 2022, 08:18 PM