Cedar Sweep It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
"Do you really think they will come after me?"

He stared out at nothing, trying to think. Despite the fact that he had only just woken up, he suddenly felt exhausted. "I don't know, my lady," he said, his voice so quiet that it was nearly a whisper. "Nothing is certain right now. Perhaps nothing will ever be certain again. That is what scares me." His life, just days before, had been so monotonous. Every day he had had the same routine, and he had thrived in it. Now, he had no idea if he would be alive tomorrow morning.

"I've never known you to be frightened before, Ully."

He kept his eyes away from her face for a time, mulling over her words. Finally he turned to her and said, "I have never feared so much for your life, Adylaide. Everything could be a danger to you, or nothing could. You could die of exposure or starvation. A bear could kill you. Or another wolf. Or... you could live to old age. All is... unknown to me. Just like this pack to the northeast. They could help us or kill us. I do not know. I have never been so at a loss before." He stared into her eyes, his face begging her to choose for him, to tell him what to do. For if he had his orders, he would be able to move on from this place.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's strange what desire will make foolish people do - by Ulrich - December 14, 2022, 10:05 PM