Wapun Meadow I still get these simple thrills
Loner
115 Posts
Ooc —
What's the ocean? he gave a little excitable gasp, and his whole face pulled into a smile. The ocean is just the most awesomest thing ever! he said, with a little bounce of his forepaws, and by awesome, I don't just mean cool, I mean the kind of thing that actually leaves you in awe.

Turmeric hadn't been to the ocean many times at all, but the times he had, he remembered. Sandy beaches and wheeling gulls. The smell of salt water, digging holes and building things in the sand. Little crabs that grabbed your nose and didn't let go. Gosh, how long had it been? Somewhere in that year between the fall of the Saints, and when he'd joined them in the summer. Had it only been this summer that he'd joined them again? And had it only been a year since his mother had first been taken? So much had changed - but as a pang of sadness struck him, he thought again on the ocean.

Imagine... mmm... imagine a field, like this one, he tapped the ground, but imagine it goes on forever and ever and ever. That's what the ocean's like, but instead of ground, where you can run along and eventually find some river or mountain or tree, it's all water, and it's water so deep that you can't swim to the end of it, and there's a whole other world with plants and fish and huge water beasts underneath it - or so I've been told. Turmeric's grin broadened, So I'd like to fly over the ocean, and see what's on the other side. Just imagine what kind of worlds might be out there!
Messages In This Thread
I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 24, 2022, 12:12 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 24, 2022, 12:56 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 24, 2022, 01:50 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 24, 2022, 12:06 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 24, 2022, 06:12 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 25, 2022, 12:53 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 25, 2022, 11:54 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 25, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 25, 2022, 07:15 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 26, 2022, 02:50 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 07:28 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 26, 2022, 10:52 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 11:02 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - January 04, 2023, 09:54 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - January 09, 2023, 02:51 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - January 18, 2023, 10:19 PM