Wapun Meadow I still get these simple thrills
Loner
115 Posts
Ooc —
Turmeric realized he’d been holding his breath for her reaction to these wonderful things they pondered together. Her awe brought a renewed glow to the brightness of his smile.

You’ll say that even more breathlessly when you actually see it, he said, with a hushed sort of note to his once animated voice. And as he watched her, gaze distant but brimming with thought, the sunlight stringing highlights through her already gilded fur…

… how had he forgotten that wolves like she and Inkeri existed in this world? And why had he stayed in the Strath so long, confining himself to the lonely corners and inner tunnels, holing himself away from prying eyes of packmates, of his mother, even? Eating, but never satisfied. Sleeping, but ever restless.

And he had missed so much. But even when the clouds came again, he swore he would be a different man.

It would just take some time.

They say the plants are an acquired taste, he said with a smile, and the tease of a laugh, one I have never acquired. I don’t think the ocean is actually very far from here. It’s in… mmm… he squinted about, identifying landmarks, before he settled his nose to point to the northwestern range of mountains, that direction, maybe 4, 5 days travel? he laughed again, I’ve been through these Wilds a lot in my life, remembering the time he had spent circling and circling in search of his family, but I haven’t been out much lately. If you wanna go see it, I can take you there. Then you can see for yourself if you like sea plants or land plants or no plants better!
Messages In This Thread
I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 24, 2022, 12:12 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 24, 2022, 12:56 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 24, 2022, 01:50 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 24, 2022, 12:06 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 24, 2022, 06:12 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 25, 2022, 12:53 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 25, 2022, 11:54 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 25, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 25, 2022, 07:15 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 26, 2022, 02:50 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 07:28 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - December 26, 2022, 10:52 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 11:02 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - January 04, 2023, 09:54 PM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Reverie - January 09, 2023, 02:51 AM
RE: I still get these simple thrills - by Turmeric - January 18, 2023, 10:19 PM