Greatwater Lake everything seems o[m]inous
Loner
195 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Birth 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: birth!

i know this is a little early, but i was excited & with my schedule being a little crazy, this is the only time i have. open to the newborns of course, as well as those tagged!

@Khaba provided for her, as did @Selena. sometimes as she prowled outside of the den that khaba had built, she could find traces of @Tarantula lurking in the dark — or the halfbreed who nested not far off, among the trees (@Nazli); but more often than anything, she was alone, and eating.

perhaps it was the stress of recent visits that upset the balance of her body; the worry that khaba would be taken from her during this time of need, or that the lakeside was not as protected as she thought. perhaps it was for no reason other than timing, that she felt the first pained contraction. it had begun hours previous - and zharille, not being a vocal sort or open to weakness, did not share when the sensations grew.

now though, she paced outside of the den. the piles of bones and chewed fish-heads did not entertain her. she sulked without being attentive to her surroundings, and bent submissively towards the earth, which was unlike the typical pride she carried upon her land. as the contractions grew closer together and more intense, she felt her legs buckle - but still, she would not be exposed here, and crawled slowly towards the den mouth.

she had barely entered it before the first body slid out of her. zharille felt a brief relief and a flood of chemicals within her body that granted temporary euphoria - but it wasn't enough, and soon a second, and a third, came to strike the earth. she turned to the bundles and instinctively pulled them to her chest, cleaning them as a means of distraction — and finally, the last.

four. four large, healthy bodies against her belly in the dark.
Messages In This Thread
everything seems o[m]inous - by Zharille - April 04, 2023, 02:42 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Annorak - April 04, 2023, 02:51 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Nazli - April 04, 2023, 02:56 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Racharra - April 04, 2023, 06:32 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Long Rain - April 04, 2023, 08:06 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Miho - April 05, 2023, 09:07 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Zharille - April 06, 2023, 04:19 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Annorak - April 07, 2023, 07:33 AM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Racharra - April 07, 2023, 09:45 AM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Nazli - April 07, 2023, 02:08 PM
RE: everything seems o[m]inous - by Zharille - April 12, 2023, 12:34 PM