Blacktail Deer Plateau one will rise who is too evil
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=small]http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/TheSpiritBride-Algonquin.html original story.[/size]

Blue chuckled I have a wanderers heart and soul, but I have always wanted my own home. My own family if it were in the stars for me. When I get the urge to travel, I simply go on an overnight trip for herbs. It is why I am so stocked up, I travel a lot. she smiled a bit sheepishly at that small admission. It was true though, she had traveled throughout most of the teekon woods in her time here, in search of herbs and medicinal plants.

She smiled and dipped her muzzle Well then I'll tell you a story, both sad and happy. She thought about it and began softly

There was once a young warrior, and his love died on the eve of their ceremonial mateship. He had distinguished himself both in bravery and goodness, he was inconsolable at her death. Blue made a sad face and pretended to cry to add depth to the story.

He could not eat or sleep, he merely sat at her grave side day after day. He could not even bring himself to hunt with the others. She pretended to be laying near a grave, standing up she circled once or twice to lay back down despondent.

One day he heard the elders speaking, and they were speaking of the path to the spirit world. He listened and he memorized every single detail. He set out immediately. He traveled for 2 weeks, and he still saw no land marks. She held her ears forward and erect as if she was listening intently and then she began to march as if she was on a journey.

It was then that he left the forest behind. He saw the most beautiful plain as he emerged and it was here that the wise man waited for him. This old man he knew who the warrior was and he knew who he sought. He told him his bride had only passed by a day before. In order to follow her, he had to leave his body behind, for only spirits could travel the path of the dead. The spirit world itself is an island and surrounding that island is a Lake, you can only get to it by swimming across. He was given the directions and a warning. The warning was to not speak to his bride at all until he was safely across. Blue pretending to be looking around in awe and she approached a lone figure and pretended to speak. She lay down as if leaving her body.

Some chants were recited by the old man and the youth felt his soul leave his body. He walked the shore in spirit form and saw his beloved as she too began her journey across he followed behind her. As they swam she duplicated his every stroke. Why could they not travel together you ask? It is because everyone must enter alone and be judged on their own individual merits. As they traveled across the lake. Halfway there a terrible tempest rose and washed away some of the spirits. For those were the evil ones that did not deserve to be there. Both the warrior and his bride were good, and they made it through without a problem. Blue pretending to be swimming and she gamboled about as if being pushed side to side by water.

The island of the blessed was beautiful, for there it was always late spring with flowers in bloom and cloudless skies. Never to warm or too cold just right. They met on the shore and he embraced her, only to hear a sweet voice speak ot him. It was the Master of life. He was told to retrace his steps, for it was not his time yet. He could not enter, but he rejoiced for he would see her again. He returned the way he had come and he grew old and became a great Chief, happy in the assurance that he would see her again. Blue then grew quiet and smiled at Lasher, she may have looked silly acting out the parts, but it was how she knew to do it and it was fun. It would leave her both happy and glad and she hoped he would like it too.
Messages In This Thread
one will rise who is too evil - by Lasher - October 07, 2014, 06:35 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Blue Willow - October 08, 2014, 12:22 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Lasher - October 09, 2014, 03:19 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Blue Willow - October 11, 2014, 12:05 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Lasher - October 12, 2014, 07:41 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Blue Willow - October 13, 2014, 10:05 AM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Lasher - October 13, 2014, 03:08 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Blue Willow - October 13, 2014, 03:24 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Lasher - October 13, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Blue Willow - October 13, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: one will rise who is too evil - by Lasher - October 17, 2014, 09:40 PM