Lion Head Mesa to have peace, there must be strife
95 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
But can you be husband?

The question rang in his ears. It was one he had considered many times over since it had been first suggested by his father. But now, someone truly expected an answer.

My sister... she was the closest individual to me growing up. Even closer than my father. She lived among a man's world. Our father disregarded her presence often, and I took his place when it came to her care. He constantly insisted sending her away, perhaps to be married into the pharaoh's court. I refused to let him. We argued often, but I always won in the end. For a short moment, he paused, taking a quick breath. She died less than a year ago... taken from me by an unknown sickness... A story he despised, but he felt it necessary in this moment. 

I have never known what it means to love a wife, nor to be father. But I held deep love and affection for my sister always. Whenever she needed me, I was there without hesitation. There are differences between being husband and brother — this I know... but I can promise that, whoever my wife may be when the day comes, I will give her my all, just as I did for my sister. If this means walking away from my home, then I will do it. Regardless of where I go, the valley will always be mine to command. May it be the Queen Toula that I marry, the valley would then become hers, along with every soldier inhabiting it.

Mouth now dry from the many spoken words, he took a moment to enjoy the additional wine offered, waiting to hear how the Prince of Akashingo may respond.
Messages In This Thread
to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - July 27, 2023, 02:47 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - July 27, 2023, 06:06 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - July 27, 2023, 06:13 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - July 27, 2023, 06:24 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - July 27, 2023, 06:32 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - July 27, 2023, 07:12 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - July 27, 2023, 07:20 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - July 27, 2023, 08:01 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - July 27, 2023, 09:38 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - August 04, 2023, 01:07 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - August 04, 2023, 01:20 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - August 05, 2023, 10:59 AM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - August 08, 2023, 11:20 AM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - August 20, 2023, 04:40 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - August 20, 2023, 07:18 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Senmut - August 21, 2023, 05:46 PM
RE: to have peace, there must be strife - by Thutmose - August 22, 2023, 08:58 AM