Moonsong Glacier send the darkness
Sun Mote Copse
Honoree
the muse of w a r
205 Posts
Ooc — delaney
it is news to her, to find out that her mother had once had a hawk companion. -he's learned that i can't hear,- jr signs; face thoughtful. -he's probably the only reason i'm still alive.- jr partially jokes, letting out a breathy chuckle that holds no sound to it. she had come to rely upon her sense of smell and sight keenly, but also her own intuition to sense when something is near: dangerous or otherwise. she has learned to trust that sense that makes her muscles tense and her hair at her nape bristle.

traveling alone had been great; a teaching moment. independence. however, she knows it is much more safer and practical for her to remain with a pack.

a soft swell of warmth lingers in jr's chest as the elder towhee offers to teach ptero to her pack mates.

-that'd be great! i started to teach ariadne, my leader, and dutch, a weaver of tales; but i'm sure you're a better teacher than me,- jr's expression turns sheepish then. -i still have that selfish, prickly desire to want to keep it myself sometimes.- because, that was still her nature at it's core. fierce and salty and more bite than bark ( heh ). she was better at being sociable with her pack mates but it was a continuous work in progress.

or perhaps at that particular desire's root lay pride. wanting to prove that she could function in a pack dynamic without them catering to her. but it was easier, being able to communicate, and it helped her to bond with her pack mates. and that far outweighed her pride.

-it's called moonsong. one of the many moon villages, as i understand it.- she works through the questions in order. -a coyote. for a while, i was ashamed that it had escaped me. but, you fall down, you get back up, right?- she grins. -i got a cool scar from it, at least.-

her grin falters for a moment, a sadness flittering across her face; remembering how her and sable had once been attached at the hip, and that she blamed herself in part for leaving moonspear and not inviting him along. -no, not since i left moonspear.- she admits; forlorn, paws falling still.

has a juvenile peregrine falcon companion named ghost; can be freely pp'd in threads with her; with the exception of serious injury/death.
-Ptero will look like this in posts-
Messages In This Thread
send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 10, 2023, 07:06 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 13, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 09:56 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 15, 2023, 06:05 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 15, 2023, 10:18 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 17, 2023, 06:45 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 18, 2023, 10:38 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 19, 2023, 05:55 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 19, 2023, 10:42 AM