Rising Sun Valley A Stray Ember
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
Sumac seemed to be frozen, his amber gaze intently focused on Easy's face as she spoke. For one moment, they were one being in their shared sorrows, and 'Mac forgot he even existed. Someone else who could know even a shadow of this pain he carried like a mountain on his back? There was no mistaking the words left unspoken by the past tense in which she spoke. Perhaps he could open the door to his seared heart, just a tiny crack?

"I'm sorry. It sounds like you've had a hard time, too... You see, there was a fire during the summer. I was out scouting... By the time I got back... I-I couldn't do anything..." he trailed off, seeming to stare past her as the flames licked at his memories, the vice around his heart tightening its ice-cold grip.

After a tense moment, he shook his head fiercely. C'mon 'Mac, let the ghosts sleep - don't resurrect them.

Without knowing exactly why, he found himself blurting out, "Sorry."

She reminded him of Ma a bit - her easy demeanor and gentle disposition. And also, Hawthorn, his lovely sister and littermate, who was quick to lift 'Mac's confidence and self-esteem when it faltered. He bit his lower lip then cleared his throat.

"Rising Sun Valley... Teekon Wilds," he repeated into the chilled air, attempting to stem the tide of rushing memories, "I suppose I do, too... For the moment. Uhm, how are prey here? And are there any packs or territories I should steer clear of? Most others I've run across have been... er, less than pleased to see me." Sumac allowed an almost bashful grin to lift the somber expression from his maw.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 19, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 19, 2023, 12:14 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 19, 2023, 04:17 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 19, 2023, 04:39 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 19, 2023, 06:43 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 20, 2023, 10:07 AM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 20, 2023, 02:33 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 20, 2023, 11:53 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 21, 2023, 01:53 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 22, 2023, 03:41 PM