Moonsong Glacier mama cuts like a man-of-war
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
'Mac was shocked to stillness, stiffening briefly under Dutch's sudden embrace. Sure, he'd been pulled into bear hugs by his family, and even Easy had offered him her warm paws before, but the inexperienced lad wasn't expecting this from someone he'd literally just met. He offered a small chuckle, willing himself to relax after a moment.

"That sounds good. Thanks," he replied with a nod, following the other male to the common area on easy strides. Sumac smiled warmly as they reached their destination, for it was so homely and cozy that he couldn't help but remember his pack's own den. They were very similar, in fact. This would be a wonderful place to spend a night or two, and he bobbed his head in gratitude. He couldn't help but laugh aloud as Easy and Dutch reversed their parent-child roles again and again, with Dutch finally getting the upper hand and convincing his mother to rest.

"Arjun's right, Easy. You've been really pushing yourself lately. You really deserve a nice break," Sumac added, his ears and tail lowering in a placating gesture. Hopefully, his support would lend weight to Dutch's demand she settle herself for the time being. He definitely felt that she'd be safe here alone for the time being.

Sumac couldn't resist one last light laugh as Dutch let him away, only to have Easy's admonition accompany them out. Their ritual back-and-forth banter and jabs were so heartwarming to the Mackenzie, and wrapped his heart in such ease and familiarity that he couldn't help but feel lighter.

He remained silent the rest of the way to wherever Dutch was leading them. His eyes and ears eagerly drank in the sights and sounds around them, trying to memorize the details and assess where they were. So much was new to 'Mac, and it seemed he was learning something new every day. His nose detected fresh water, and soon enough they were at a riverbank.

Do you fish?

He nodded. "I do... I-I'm not the best, not like my sister, Sycamore. She had an uncanny knack for it. I told her once she must have a heron's beak for a nose, and I can still feel the sting of her teeth. Haha, not my smartest move, I guess," he replied, smiling fondly at the memory.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Easy - January 17, 2024, 06:18 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 18, 2024, 08:46 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 20, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 09:47 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 27, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 28, 2024, 05:50 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 29, 2024, 08:52 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 01, 2024, 11:12 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - February 02, 2024, 08:16 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 04, 2024, 05:55 PM