Moonstone Quarry For of sugar and ice, I am made
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
All Welcome 
"Wow."

Sumac's shimmering golden-sun eyes were wide with a childlike wonder as he stood at the edge of the natural bowl and gazed down at the formation before him. He'd heard someone mention the Quarry in passing, and since then, he'd felt a sort of insatiable need to see it for himself. So, in the middle of the morning while Easy and Dutch were catching up, 'Mac bid them a cheerful farewell and decided to set out on his own for a bit to explore the areas around the Moonsong's lands. 

But this... This was more than he could have asked for. The cavern - could one call it that? - was a maze of walls and ledges that led down to what was obviously water at the bottom - he could smell it. What did that water taste like? What else waited at the bottom?

The Mackenzie bit his lower lip contemplatively, assessing the risks. This was no easy jaunt. One could easily fall and break a leg, or there could be something malicious that made its lair at the bottom. Let alone the question of how to get back out. Hmm... well, maybe he could just scope it out a bit, and not go too far in?

Sumac walked the outside perimeter with determined, but cautious steps until he found a suitable opening to begin his descent. He hesitated, studying the limestone walls again. Maybe he could be satisfied with the view from up here...
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Sumac - January 23, 2024, 02:25 PM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Towhee - January 24, 2024, 09:48 AM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Sumac - January 25, 2024, 11:58 AM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Towhee - January 26, 2024, 09:43 AM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Sumac - January 27, 2024, 05:28 PM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Towhee - January 28, 2024, 05:05 PM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Sumac - January 31, 2024, 11:44 AM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Towhee - January 31, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Sumac - February 01, 2024, 10:56 AM
RE: For of sugar and ice, I am made - by Towhee - February 01, 2024, 11:07 AM