Moonsong Glacier mama cuts like a man-of-war
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
"Really? Could you? I'd love to see 'em. My father was raised on the coast and always spoke of seals," 'Mac replied enthusiastically. He'd already encountered new sights and personalities in his short time as a wanderer, but new creatures straight out of his family's mythos? Incredible.

Sumac's eager mind briefly registered that they were no longer headed toward the water's edge, but instead in an entirely different direction. It was odd, but the Mackenzie couldn't quite name the sensation in his chest that had igniting and was quickly blooming. He tilted his head and paid closer attention to it. It was almost... maybe... kinship. He felt a sort of fraternal connection with Arjun, even though they were still essentially strangers. But just as he had with Easy, it seemed he was falling naturally into lockstep with the other, as if their essences were natural extensions of the other.

"I'd love that. We used to gather 'round and sing at night in my pack. Haven't had the pleasure of hearing other voices than my own in a long time. Singing solo all the time can get mighty lonely," he grinned with a soft laugh that carried undertones of nostalgia, "And I greatly look forward to hearing of your adventures, Arjun. I'd love to explore the world, myself."

'Mac fell silent for some time, taking in the scenery as his mind processed all that had been discussed. But the silence he left in his wake was easy and light, not heavy or awkward. Finally, he spoke again, sounding a bit older and contemplative.

"I'm trying to sort of... find myself. My place. I always assumed it would be caring and providing for my family, but now that they- ... Now that that's no longer an option, I feel sort of like I'm standing in the middle of an open, unfamiliar meadow with a storm on the horizon," he tried to articulate, the confusion seeping into his voice.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Easy - January 17, 2024, 06:18 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 18, 2024, 08:46 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 20, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 09:47 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 27, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 28, 2024, 05:50 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 29, 2024, 08:52 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 01, 2024, 11:12 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - February 02, 2024, 08:16 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 04, 2024, 05:55 PM