Moonsong Glacier mama cuts like a man-of-war
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
Sumac's curious gaze remained settled on the seals. He could certainly imagine they'd have difficulty outpacing a wolf on land, and he felt a small sense of relief loosen his trepidation as Dutch explained that their impressive jaws were meant for catching fish. One thing for certain, though, was that 'Mac wasn't about to take a dip in the sea any time soon.

Bringing his focus back to Arjun, the Mackenzie carefully lowered himself down beside the other male, allowing his large forepaws to dangle over the ledge.

So, women... A subject he hadn't given much thought about until recently. Sure, Da had given him a few pointers now and then, but it had been generally assumed that 'Mac would stay to assume leadership of the family after his parents were no longer able, even if it was never openly expressed. Naturally, that would preferably mean that he would eventually have a partner and children of his own to perpetuate the line, but there was never a sense of urgency placed on it.

The inexperienced 'Mac listened intently as Dutch imparted some of his knowledge of the ways of women. Truthfully, his head began to spin - it seemed as though the opposite sex was a foreign entity to him at this rate, and he silently lamented about how he was ever going to form a connection with a possible partner. How did anyone ever pair up?

He'd have to learn to have faith and trust in himself. Sumac suffered from an innate shyness and diminished self-confidence, which he was aware that on some level may hinder him in his endeavor to find his match. The internal conflict caused him anxiety, and his stomach tightened with worry.

See her? Gifts? How will I know what she likes? Tests? Oh, Mother Moon, I'm doomed...

It was Dutch's last statement that gave him a glimmer of hope, that perhaps his situation wasn't as bleak as his mind wanted to make it: "A good match will not seek to confuse or waylay you. Be honest, and be respectful, and look for ways to make her smile."

Well, he could do that, at least.

"Thanks, Dutch... that... that's a lot," he said finally, rubbing his forehead with a paw. "I just hope I'll know what to do when the time comes."

He went silent for a time, contemplative in demeanor as his gaze fell back upon the seals. "If I have a family, I just want them to be safe and happy. We don't have the be the best or have the most. But, even if you don't have much, it can all be ripped away in the blink of an eye," he thought aloud, then gave the other male an apologetic smile, "Sorry. It's hard to keep the clouds away sometimes, especially when they're so dark."
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Easy - January 17, 2024, 06:18 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 18, 2024, 08:46 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 20, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 09:47 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 27, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 28, 2024, 05:50 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 29, 2024, 08:52 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 01, 2024, 11:12 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - February 02, 2024, 08:16 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 04, 2024, 05:55 PM