Noctisardor Bypass Here I stand, still I'm drawn down to my knees.
Rivenwood
Leaf
His Reverence
121 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Her attention became his, and he thought of what he was about to say, taking a moment to breath. He then began to speak, gently, he said, “Before I found you, Caracal, the island…. I lived in another place, far north outside these lands.” And he would go on explaining, “It was my home, where I grew up, where my faith became my life. I was born to dedicated parents, both devoted strongly to God. I was truly happy, as I had everything, but then…. I was stolen in the night, by creatures I’ve never seen, never knew of. It’s hard to recall what all happened, but when I woke up, I was here.”

“I-I lost my family, my home. But everyday, I knew I had to trust in God, telling myself he is the reason I’m here, that I found you. I’ll forever be thankful to Him, and you, Heda, for taking me in to your home, your family.” 

As he recollected these things, his eyes began to feel wet, the beginning of tears.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Messages In This Thread
Here I stand, still I'm drawn down to my knees. - by John - February 12, 2024, 01:12 AM
RE: Here I stand, still I'm drawn down to my knees. - by John - February 25, 2024, 02:30 PM