Moonsong Glacier mama cuts like a man-of-war
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
'Mac only nodded once - a simple gesture - and he acquiesced. Head and tail down in his characteristically defended posture, the lanky man padded silently beside Arjun. A pensive air hung heavily about him like a fog - what was this place, this sacred space? What made it so different from any other place? What would Sumac find there? And would it matter?

The sun felt good upon 'Mac's mottled pelt as they continued along paths unknown to the Mackenzie. His sunshine eyes darted here and there, continuing to take in his surroundings with the eagerness of an untested child even as he remained apprehensive of their destination. 

Finally, they stopped, and Arjun indicated they'd arrived. 'Mac looked around; nothing seemed special, nor extraordinary, here. It wasn't until the wind began its dirge that he understood, that his breath was taken away. Sumac's eyes widened, and finally, he remembered to breathe. There was a sort of reverence demanded here, a decorum to naturally follow, and with erect ears, the young man slowly, slowly crept forward.

Without removing his gaze from the scene before him, he absently responded, "Up to you. I don't mind."

He swallowed.

He felt awkward. How did one speak to a mountain? And what did they say? He remained silent for a time, before clearing his throat and tentatively beginning. The echo of his own voice startled him.

"How much have you lost? What have you seen? How many fires? How many lives turned into ash in the blink of an eye?" he asked softly, idly, his eyes scanning the horizon.

"If I spoke to them, would they hear me? Would they listen? Does it matter?" A pause. "I'm talking to a slab of ice," he muttered under his breath. Just then, the wind kicked up a mighty gust, wailing with what could only be described as mourning. 

"You left me!" 'Mac suddenly exploded, his own voice now deafening his ears along with the glacier's scream, "You told me to run! Maybe I didn't want to - maybe, just maybe, I'd been better off burning with you! What if I don't want to be alone. without you?!"

There. That was it. The haunting poltergeist that ripped at the fringes of his mind was now out in the open. Tears poured freely down Sumac's cheeks. 

There was never a choice.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Easy - January 17, 2024, 06:18 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 18, 2024, 08:46 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 20, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 09:47 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 27, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 28, 2024, 05:50 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 29, 2024, 08:52 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 01, 2024, 11:12 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - February 02, 2024, 08:16 PM