Deepwood Weald My life is like a Maury episode
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He didn’t deign to speak again, though he acknowledged Moonshadow’s salient point about leadership with a tip of his head. He would gladly take her to find Sialuk or Alaric, once Kusuma had had her chance to say her piece.

He wasn’t entirely sure what to say. Talisman understood her point, though he didn’t know how to divorce Kusuma from the pups she carried—their pups. He chewed at his lip, mulling how to respond, and felt more than a little mortified when she made a point of drawing Moonshadow into what should’ve been a private conversation.

Well, he’d started it, so that was only fair. And perhaps he deserved it. Swallowing thickly, he looked between the two pregnant women again and tried to come up with something to say to Kusuma’s allegations. Talis really didn’t want to put his foot in his mouth again.

Of course I’ll still be your friend once they’re born, he said, seizing upon the one bit he felt he could field without fumbling completely. We’ll have to work as a team to raise them, so I definitely want to be on friendly terms! Talis went on a little desperately. And I don’t just value you because of them. I know you’re your own person. I just don’t know you that well. And that’s my bad! I want to get to know you better, before and after the pups get here.

He licked his lips nervously, glancing at Moonshadow but unable to hold her gaze for very long. Talisman felt humiliated by the scene, though he tried to square his shoulders and keep his focus on Kusuma. He deserved every bit of her doubt and irritation. He would take it. But hopefully they could move forward from here.

Why don’t the three of us head to Moonspear? You and I can keep talking about this, Talis said softly to the hybrid before adding to Moonshadow, while you speak to the leaders about joining. Does that sound alright…?
Messages In This Thread
My life is like a Maury episode - by Moonshadow - March 04, 2024, 03:01 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Kusuma - March 04, 2024, 03:12 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Moonshadow - March 04, 2024, 03:17 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Kusuma - March 04, 2024, 03:23 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Talisman - March 04, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Moonshadow - March 04, 2024, 03:43 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Kusuma - March 04, 2024, 03:49 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Talisman - March 04, 2024, 04:03 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Moonshadow - March 04, 2024, 04:35 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Kusuma - March 11, 2024, 07:49 PM
RE: My life is like a Maury episode - by Talisman - March 11, 2024, 08:06 PM