Sequoia Coast Crumble like a temple, built from future daughters.
Loner
111 Posts
Ooc — ebony
tag for ref or joining!

the dreamer worked to bring her back.

each breath was a win. each moment of sleep untouched by pain was sacred to him.

but her eyes had not opened. the pups nursed and slept. wolf dreamer was too afraid to touch them, terrified that they would sense the rotten threads he had cut out of their mother and succumb.

but the snow shelter was much too small to stay away from dancing fox or the children. at last, resigned, he lay gingerly down among them.

dancing fox breathed steadily. he had cleaned the blood from her face and sopped a good deal from the floor, bringing in new snow to pack at the entrance.

"i met a coyote the other day," he said quietly to the burbling babes as his mind considered @Sorcerer. "i hope that he stays. you will need teachers other than Wolf."

a call, at the door. the dreamer looked to dancing fox and then rose, emerging from the shelter into the too-bright morning. a tall man stood a few feet away, and a woman with striking red eyes was with him. it was she who beckoned his interest, but he stared first at the man.

the tendrils from him were black beside the golden shimmer, obsidian strings that climbed toward the star web. the dreamer frowned, unsure of what to think. he gazed at the woman now, searching for the place behind her eyes.

she is scared. is she hiding something? her golden threads were pure, hundreds of them trembling as they connected her to the rest of the dance.

wolf dreamer did not know the man's words. "you are welcome to rest. but i have only this shelter, and no food to share." dismal pickings. wind blew the snow against them all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Crumble like a temple, built from future daughters. - by Wolf Dreamer - March 22, 2024, 11:06 AM