Ocean's Breath Plateau make a man outta you
Moontide
Adolescent
214 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
His father appeared, which would have usually been a good thing to Raiyuk. He was glad to see him of course, but he thought Chakliux had more important things to be working on; and he himself was a man now, was he not? Why would he need his father's help in this? Did he not have trust? He knew it was unfair to think this; it came and it went, and he smiled, and he accepted the gifts as they were placed.

He saw where Chakliux had placed his offerings and saw the goodness there: the elder trees, their good roots, the solid earth. It wasn't too far from the original lodge if he started here. It was good, all things considered.

Thank you, he answered with that smile and an accepting nod. He took some of the materials and began to separate them, organize them in to piles as he began to conceptualize what lay ahead. It had been good that Raiyuk had worked so hard upon his father's lodge, he knew now what was necessary.

The sound of splitting wood broke the stillness. Around it Raiyuk says, I will not bring a wife. I think it will be best for me to learn to be a man first, and to be alone. Or at least, to have my space. He would miss sharing the lodge of his father, but he could at least make his lodge spacious enough for Taggak to visit or anyone else.
Messages In This Thread
make a man outta you - by Raiyuk - April 03, 2024, 06:03 PM
RE: make a man outta you - by Chakliux - April 03, 2024, 06:21 PM
RE: make a man outta you - by Raiyuk - April 03, 2024, 11:02 PM
RE: make a man outta you - by Chakliux - April 05, 2024, 04:09 PM
RE: make a man outta you - by Raiyuk - April 09, 2024, 06:26 PM
RE: make a man outta you - by Chakliux - April 23, 2024, 07:35 PM