Dawnlark Plains ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~
Loner
45 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
There were no rolling hills here. Cassian's gaze fell upon the world and in turn the world stared back at him with its verdant pastures. Here, it was eerie just how accentuated every single minor detail was. Off in the distance, a clump of limestone and its rotten stench wafting within the gentle coils of the wind. Further to the right, pools of muddied water from a recent rain that fell over the terrain and the petrichor that it brought forth was far more welcome than that of the ladder of the two. Oh, and far over to the left, there was a log. Moss grew atop it, coupled with some stray insects coiling around its protruding bark no doubt.

"This looks like a good place to rest for now. My paws are a bit sore from all the walking I've been doing, honestly!"

His voice was gentle, yet carefree at the same time. The sun-kissed wolf sauntered on over and leaned up against the spot he deemed safe enough to seek a brief respite in. Down he plopped, going so far as to lean up against the bark, only to hear it creak, groan, and eventually snap beneath his weight. Evidently, it was far older than he'd initially given it credit for. This revelation wrought forth genuine surprise from the situation that arose and caused Cassian to jolt up onto all fours. With the crack that formed in the middle, there was now a big enough window to see what lay inside.

Another wolf. Their eyes, golden like the honey that flowed from a beehive. Curious as could be, Cassian took steps forward, the moist dirt caving under the weight of his paws, before his snout pressed up and against the crack. A deep, heavy set of sniffs that grew progressively quicker as time passed by. They smelled...about as fantastical as a wolf that trudged the plains could, honestly.

"Hey! I didn't see you there. Isn't that uncomfortable?" He asked, a genuine inquisitiveness coating his usually calm, friendly tone. Then, his nose butted against the crack again, this time making it larger than it previously had been. "I don't know about you, but that sure scared me! I guess I should add checking logs to my list of things to do now, huh? Say, you're not with a pack, are you? I smell a few around here and if you're with them I think it might be best if I start leaving now. I don't really want to get marked to bits and pieces just for stepping over some imaginary, harmless line, you know?"
Messages In This Thread
~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 14, 2024, 11:34 AM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Cassian - April 21, 2024, 10:39 PM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 22, 2024, 12:13 AM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 22, 2024, 11:16 AM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 22, 2024, 10:18 PM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 24, 2024, 09:56 PM
RE: ~Along I go to the shore of memory….~ - by Adah - April 30, 2024, 01:46 AM