Mudminnow River rock my world
Loner
48 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
"GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The laughter roared throughout the entirety of the valley, it seemed. If there were any fish that woke up on the wrong side of the bed and stuck by Leifa's side even after her plunge they were long gone by now after the mockery that stained the poor tyke's now shattered pride. But, who could blame him? Watching a kiddo take a cold plunge into river water of all things was beyond entertaining! Such fine entertainment, in fact, that once the rumbles of joy rolled their way to a silent stop Cassian found himself still watching.

Brown, murky eyes that took into frame the younger wolf. A female, it seemed. One that failed at fishing, no less, and failed even worse at swimming their way out of it. Striding up to the edge of the bank of water, the wolf peered over. She wasn't making her way back up. Why was that? Raising a single paw closer to his maw, the wolf took in a deep breath, and then poured forth the strength that came with it into his next proclamation.

"HELLOOOOOOOO!? YOU GUNNA SWIM OUT? YOU CAN'T EXACTLY STAY THERE FOREVER."

Silence. Birds chirping. The rushing water doing watery things by still flowing.

Well, this wasn't good.

For a split second, he did contemplate saving her life or letting her die. Unfortunately, today he was a good, kind soul and dove in a few yards down after sprinting. Glimpses of her fur were caught, and then a rock. Oh, an awfully placed rock, at that, and when the crack was heard?

He cringed.

He cringed, because Cassian hated the frigid rushing waters! Upon entry, the wolf found sight of her up ahead by only a few meager yards. Aimlessly, but also narrowly, he escaped the rock that decked her.

"Hang on! I'm a comin'! Really, you should learn how to fish better, you chum munchin' buffoon!"

Chastising, which would get neither of them anywhere. The rushing waters did a bit of the legwork in closing the distance between them, though. Before long, the sun-kissed wolf clamped onto the scruff of her neck, hoisted her up, tossed her to the side onto some warm, unsuspecting grass, and then he clamped onto the side with his own paws. It was a bit of a struggle, but eventually Cassian climbed out, too!

"Hey. Hey, kid. You awake? Come onnnnn...don't burden me with having to drag your sorry corpse around. That rock got you good. Like, real good. I've seen buffalo that have clocked other pack animals with less force than how that sucker nailed you. If you die, I hope you know I'm not actually going to carry your corpse around. I'll just toss you back in the river, haha! Easy enough, you know? No hard feelings, of course!"
Messages In This Thread
rock my world - by Leifa - May 05, 2024, 12:35 PM
RE: rock my world - by Cassian - May 06, 2024, 03:10 AM
RE: rock my world - by Leifa - May 06, 2024, 02:23 PM
RE: rock my world - by Cassian - May 08, 2024, 01:59 AM
RE: rock my world - by Leifa - May 08, 2024, 11:31 AM
RE: rock my world - by Cassian - May 12, 2024, 08:49 PM
RE: rock my world - by Leifa - May 16, 2024, 08:07 AM
RE: rock my world - by Cassian - May 20, 2024, 10:10 PM
RE: rock my world - by Leifa - May 29, 2024, 11:08 AM
RE: rock my world - by Cassian - May 29, 2024, 03:01 PM