Jade Fern Grove [m] cause i'm just one of those ghosts
Kvarsheim
Skáti
90 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Conception 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Heat, Sexual themes, Conception (later in thread)

It had started two nights prior. Bedbound with sluggish limbs and nauseated by just the thought of eating. There was a spark of worry when it turned to fever. Warmth radiating throughout her body. She was keen to sleep off whatever illness afflicted her, had she been able to sleep at all. So she dragged herself to her feet and left for an cool evening walk.

And kept walking.

Some of the fatigue abated with movement, albeit not all. But the night air did not free her from the burning beneath her skin. She stopped for respite briefly in the Overture Downs and slept the day away half submerged in a shallow stream. Her travel continued upon waking.

Vale was not oblivious to a woman's season, but she hadn't placed much thought into her own. She hadn't paid much mind to her body the year prior. Perhaps it was brushed off with travel fatigue as she made her way to the Teekons. Although, she was certain she never felt this before.

It seemed she could not outrun this fire. So she continued north. Choosing solitude over her home in Kvarsheim. The young leaders did not need to deal with any attention her heat would bring to their home. Nor did she want any attention from her packmates, even if she did trust them. Heat, generally, was not a well-kept secret.

She had run herself ragged upon reaching the fern grove. The trees reached for the night sky above as a mossy stretch on the forest floor called for her to rest her head. With a huff, she lowered herself to the ground.

When she found sleep to be illusive yet again, Vale sat up with a frustrated groan. Irritation pinpricked its way across her skin. How did almost every woman deal with yearly? She directed her ire towards the disheveled portions of her coat.

At least, for the moment, she was alone.

For @Andras
Messages In This Thread
[m] cause i'm just one of those ghosts - by Vale Enid - May 11, 2024, 12:19 AM
RE: [m] cause i'm just one of those ghosts - by Andras - June 04, 2024, 06:17 PM
RE: [m] cause i'm just one of those ghosts - by Andras - June 08, 2024, 11:56 PM
RE: [m] cause i'm just one of those ghosts - by Andras - June 13, 2024, 10:07 PM