Stone Circle Time has come today
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
All Welcome 
Days and nights are endless. She is uncomfortable and frustrated and must take many breaks between digging out the whelping den of an abandoned fox burrow. She had wanted to have her children at Tréheim but the odds between Fig and Skáld made that an impossibility.

Skáld worries her. They have always clung to each other, and she doesn’t want to push him away from her. But he is too fixed in his ways and this needs to be amended. Now. It is difficult for them both, but she is doing a disservice to him by not encouraging him to grow.

Only, there is little she can do for him in current state. She cannot leave Kvarsheim now.

She calls for @Vale Enid.
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
A couple assumptions made, let me know if anything needs to change!

Vale had spent much time exploring with the nornir since they met. But as the days passed, Tauris's pregnancy progressed and that time steadily decreased. Vale held no hard feelings. She enjoyed the company of her new friend all the same. 

And when Tauris called for her, Vale was sure to make haste. Approaching the nornir with a low wag of her tail, she brushed the end of her muzzle to Tauris's shoulder. Eyes darting down to the displaced earth and her mud-clad paws. Do you need help?
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
absolutely good with me <33

“Hey,” her friend is gratefully quick to answer. Tauris leans into her touch, running an affectionate chin along the top of her head before following Vale’s attention to the churned earth at her feet.

“Thank you for coming. Actually, yes- though not with this,” She shakes the dirt from her paws and leads Vale to the shade of a low birch.

“It’s about Skáld, I worry for him. I’m not going to have much time to spend with him and,” she pauses thinking. “I think maybe he needs friends his own age.” She searches Vale’s face. The Systir has become quickly endeared to her, someone she felt she could trust with her fears.
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Kvarsheim has many children, but he is an older boy, yes? Vale followed Tauris to the shade, settling besides her. Crossing her forepaws, she turned her head to view her friend's face.

He doesn't have many options does he? Vale still was intergrating into pack life. Her nose telling her most of what she knew regarding other the inhabitants. Pup and milk scent was strong in the air. But that only indicated new life. She mulled over her observations, and what Tauris confided in her. Her head tilted. How did you want me to help?
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
“He’s nearly one,” she nods.

“No. But I wonder if our allies have older children. Someone who might come to stay here for a little while. Skáld won't leave Kvarsheim,” her voice is tired, “but maybe if he knew he had friends nearby it might help…broaden his world a bit. Encourage him to learn the valley and build confidence.

“He is also quite curious about plants, he could make a fine naturalist or healer if he continues with his studies. Maybe there is someone nearby who wouldn’t mind coming to mentor him. I would offer something to our ally in return,” though she couldn’t think of what it would be right now. She was going to be rather occupied for the next… year. Shit.

She leans back, questioning eyes finding Vale’s familiar gold. “I don’t know Vale, what do you think?”
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Vale's ears twitched as she tipped back her head. Mulling over Tauris's words with a thoughtful hum. She found a small pebble underfoot and pressed upon it absentmindedly. She had no experience with motherhood, her duty as a big sister was,a admittedly, rather hands off. 

If there are other children, it may be hard to consistently have them meet if he is so reluctant to leave the Stone Circle. A mentorship may be easier secure if we would be able support his tutor.

Vale wasn't certain of the extent of Kvarsheim's relationship with their allies. She knew it had been peaceful, but children tended to complicate matters. To her, a mentorship was a middle ground in terms of diplomacy. It also benefited the boy's skills. 

She looked back to Tauris, into her friend's searching gaze. Her own question brought forth to her lips. Her voice quieted, padding her inquiry with sincerity. I know that his development as he becames an adult is just as important... but is that all that worries you? Some young wolves find fulfillment in pup rearing. At least with helping.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
She slumps, muzzle twisting while considering Vale’s words.

“Maybe I’m overreacting. I just- I mean his best friends are me and Gunnar for spirits sake,” she moans, “we’re a far cry from kids his own age.” She knew the age gap between herself and Skáld wasn’t so wide, but right now it was and especially since she was about to be a mother to cubs her priorities would have to change, even if only for a short while.

“He’s great with the pups, but I want him to have relationships with older children, too. He’s so serious sometimes,” she blinks. She knew it wasn’t an ordinary ask- most guardians wouldn’t be going pack-to-pack looking for playdates for their one-year-old.

But Vale seems to sense an underlying issue the Nornir is shy to speak of, as if repeating it is defeating in some way. She sighs, eyes finding the dirt at her paws.

“It’s about Fig, too. He’s the father of … this,” she gestures to her rounding belly. “Skáld is refusing to accept him. I just think, if I could get him to open his mind a bit …” her words devolve into thought.

“I want for everyone to be happy.” She looks again to Vale with confliction.
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Tauris looked at her, worn and weary, and Vale's heart lurched for her friend. She pressed her cheek against the nornir's shoulder. Holding her there, hoping some of the weight on Tauris's shoulders would transfer. 

I hope you've taken your own happiness into account too. The corners of Vale's mouth twisted, turning down. Her gaze darted between Tauris's silver eyes. Inching forward she reached out her forepaw, placing it on top of Tauris's own.

It takes time to get to know a new family member. Her ears cupped forward attentively.  It might do some good if you properly introduce Skáld and Fig, if you haven't yet. Their paths will cross in the near future. 

Her tongue flashed between her lips as she carefully strung together her words. But I wouldn't rush to tack Skáld to a mentor too quickly. I worry that he won't understand if he still feels threatened by Fig. She lifted her head, bringing a smile to her lips. But, I'm still happy to be your messenger if you feel that it may be best for him.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Quietly, she absorbs the logic of Vale’s words. She could not just force Fig and Skáld together and expect instantaneous camaraderie of them. They had to learn each other, in a way that was natural for them both. She needed to find patience for them.

“You’re right,” she meets the sincere eyes of her friend as she speaks, “it is too much change, too quickly. We’ve all had a lot of that lately.”

She sighs and leans into the woman’s arms who has come so suddenly into her life and just as abruptly made her friendship integral.

“Spirits Vale- thank you. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without you. I hope you know if you ever leave me I will hunt you down and bring you back home,” she warns with a snarky peek of fang before allowing her limbs to loosen into a more relaxed lean.

“How are you? Have you found a good denspace yet?”
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
You've been ever kind to me. I'm happy to return the favor. 

The smile returned to her face as Tauris's tension eased. A light chuckle escaped her maw. I think you'll be enforcing curfew for a different set of paws before you can decide on mine. But —she gave Tauris a brief squeeze before loosening her hold— I've no intentions of moving. I quite like it here.

Vale tipped her head, a light hum in her throat. Life has been quiet for me. A good quiet! I should add. But I haven't decided on a den yet. I haven't put too much thought into it yet, to be honest.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
“We can’t have that,” she rights herself with a grunt. In part she felt guilty about idling her duties as Nornir while pregnant, but mostly she wanted Vale to have her own space, a home within Kvarsheim to keep her things and make her own.

“I’ll help you look. Skáld might know of an abandoned burrow, he’s the one who found Tréheim.” The boy always took notice of little things that otherwise went unobserved by less meticulous eyes.

“Maybe we can find someplace in Prisálund, so you could be near us,” Tauris likes that idea.
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Easier to keep me from leaving you? Vale quipped with an earnest laugh. Her tone turning more thoughtful as she watched Tauris. Prisnálund is beautiful. I'm sure there is a space somewhere among the trees needing a new occupant.

Vale liked the idea to stay close, too. However, she couldn't help how her thoughts turned to declining Tauris's offer. Not to trouble the nornir when she already had so much on her plate. So much to do. Her paws returning to her own space, she traced a circle in the dirt idly. 

A moment elapsed before she smiled, It would be a good chance to meet Skáld too. I would like that. When you are able, of course.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
“No. Yes. Maybe,” she grunts sheepishly, though she knew it would be unconscionably cruel for a quiet young woman like Vale to den near their burrow of screaming infants. Still, the forest was wide and she was confident with Skáld’s help they would find some place suitable, where the systir could begin to lay down her own roots.

“Tomorrow, then,” she decides, placing a paw along her shoulder and gently ruffling the woman’s auburn shawl, mouth healing with a lift of a smile. “I appreciate you.”
Kvarsheim
Skáti
75 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
I think this is a good place to fade! Let me know if you want to get a couple more posts, otherwise I think this will be the last from me.

Vale laughed as Tauris messed with her fur. She leaned into Tauris's shoulder once last time before ducking out from under her arm. Smile bright on her face.

Anytime. I'm happy to call you my friend! Vale's eyes swept over the nornir. Her friend's face uplifted with a smile. Vale's tail wagged.

Tomorrow then.