Big Salmon Lake Preface
50 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
Lavender hues struck Cassian’s murky gaze and when they met it was not with a friendly disposition but one that was sure to draw ire and contempt if treaded the incorrect way. There were warning signs being displayed here, too. Curled lips, a raised, bushy tail, and then that stare. She was analyzing him, breaking him down, and surmising if he was a threat. Cassian didn’t believe himself to be a threat to much of…anybody, really.

Laughter broke out and when it occurred Cassian was keen on joining in. What were they laughing about? It didn’t matter! She seemed to have loosened up, if even for only a moment.

“Yikes! So, all water wolves smell like that? You know, maybe I don’t want to learn how to fish then. I’d be stinky all the time!” He jested, and seconds later garnered a growl. Fair enough! Some wolves didn’t enjoy being called stinky, it seemed. Even if it was in a playful manner! Cassian stood his ground, albeit innocently, and when she passed him by an exhale of air that’d been bundled up secretively winded its way out. Since when had that been piling up?

The surface of the water broke, but it did not explode into a splash as Cassian’s attempts oft did. Instead, the woman molded with the water. It hugged her frame, as if it were a blessing from sort of higher being, and then within the next moment or two she surfaced back up. Flawlessly, expertly, and quite like a master would. A water wolf! Maybe the stink was worth it if catching fish would be this easy.

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP

Cassian was praising her! The wolf had since sat on his haunches and was slamming both paws together as she showed off the gargantuan spoils of her endeavors.

“Wow!!! How’d you do that? Every time I just…dump myself in the water it’s like a big….KABLOOEY, you know?! When you went in it was like…like….oh, I dunno! It’s like the water was giving you a hug, haha! Does that make sense? I don’t know if it makes sense, but that’s the best way I can explain what I just saw happen! I’ve never had that kind of fish before. What’s it taste like? Sweet? Salty? Gooey? Ooo, I hate gooey fish!”
Messages In This Thread
Preface - by Aliki - May 16, 2024, 10:24 PM
RE: Preface - by Cassian - May 29, 2024, 04:00 PM
RE: Preface - by Aliki - May 31, 2024, 08:33 PM
RE: Preface - by Cassian - June 01, 2024, 06:32 PM