Wapun Meadow Honey, You're Familiar like my Mirror Years Ago
Kvarsheim
Skáti
90 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Vale followed Moss loosely at their shoulder as they proceeded into the meadow. Both their mind and feet wandering. She remained quiet. Listening attentively as they expanded upon their thoughts and outlook. A metaphorical storm produced to accentuate his point.

In the midst of their thought experiment Vale's own thoughts turned to her father. A gentle, guiding hand when navigating their mountain home. Generous with his patience towards his children, yet consistent in his teachings. Her heart warmed to recall the grace in which he could dance along the precipice, whether it was rain, snow, or shine. Perhaps some part of Moss's good nature reminded her of him.

When Moss turned to her, she returned his smile. When she spoke it was not to contradict, but to expand upon the idea placed on the table. I don't think wolves in general are meant to be lonely creatures, but there are times we still have to weather a storm alone.

She took the lead in their wanderings now. Pale paws crossing the open meadow. In between the open blooms with their vibrant colors remained the closed buds. Hidden potential waiting to be unleashed in the coming months.

Where I was born we were raised to expect the storms. They brought with them strong winds and could loosen the very earth of the mountainside. It was often that fog would pool along our paths and we would have to be careful with our feet.

Golden eyes lifted to meet sage green before darting to a small rise in the meadow. Not a true hill but more of a mound with a flattened top. A place to sit. She gently guided them through the flowers to this resting place.

Without my parents I would have never learned how to survive that kind of life, but now I must continue to live well beyond their reach. There are certain people in your life that will help you through the storms, even if they can no longer be with us. Vale settled down on the rise, sitting back she invited Moss to take a seat besides her.

There are all sorts of people to be found to help you through a storm. Whether they can be there by your side or give you the tools to get through it, they're all special in a way, don't you think?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Honey, You're Familiar like my Mirror Years Ago - by Vale Enid - June 04, 2024, 02:42 AM