Phoenix Maplewood that the vicious cycle was over
Loner
129 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Cambria plodded around the rise despite the misty rain, mulling something @Mulherin had mentioned in passing. Many wolves were gathering soon to hunt and feast together. The yearling was torn. He didn’t like the idea of hunting with outsiders, yet think of all the things he could learn! And @Etienne might be in attendance. On the other hand, their numbers were few and it just didn’t seem like an ideal time to leave the rise unattended.

No, he told himself, pale tail flicking as he found himself back at his starting point at the southeastern corner of the rise. You have to stay here, Cambria coaxed his conscience, amending, Well… close, as he spotted the silhouette of a young doe against the moraine.

By the time he closed the distance, she had bounded well out of reach. Nevertheless, the yearling sought the place where she’d stood, reading what details he could from her spoor. Her trail stayed parallel to the glacial path, headed southwest. Cambria didn’t move that way, looking instead toward the forest over yonder.

The leaves were red as blood now that fall had come to the wilderness. Cambria admired them from afar, thinking of course of Etienne. He prepared to turn after a moment to head home, though something captured his attention. His mismatched eyes squinted through the gloomy air, snaring on a flash of orange, only to widen an instant later when he realized he was looking at a wolf.

It was hard to judge from a distance, though the Dragonling muttered, Can’t be much older than Ruckus, who he missed and thought of often.

With that thought in mind, he began loping toward the youthful figure, taking care to issue a friendly bark as he went.

Please consider the following preferences when writing with me:
• I welcome casual power-play to optimize continuity and flow. Don't miss your chance to infer my character burped, sneezed, etc.
• I love referential tags, so please use them liberally. If you start a thread and tag me for participation, please allow 24-48 hours before proceeding without me. I will do the same for my tagged partners.
• Do not skip me without prior consent. I will also obtain express permission before skipping anyone else. If you want to skip or be skipped, please communicate that clearly beforehand so nobody's left behind or hanging.
• I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for a month. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested! Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply.
Messages In This Thread
that the vicious cycle was over - by Ezra - September 21, 2024, 04:11 PM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Cambria - September 29, 2024, 02:29 PM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Ezra - September 29, 2024, 03:22 PM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Cambria - September 29, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Ezra - October 06, 2024, 09:17 AM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Cambria - October 06, 2024, 10:32 AM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Ezra - October 06, 2024, 03:43 PM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Cambria - October 06, 2024, 04:52 PM
RE: that the vicious cycle was over - by Ezra - October 12, 2024, 04:35 AM