Horizon Ridge say yes, say yes
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Akhlut's fury seemed to simmer, though whether it was upon realizing she was right (which she preferred to think, being quintessentially self-entitled) or whether it was the realization that he had lost her loyalty, she was uncertain. The morphing of his features was lost upon her; never had she been particularly observant of others, and such was the case now. Finally, he gave something resembling an admission of guilt, along with a reference to her loyalty first and foremost to the pack... But he still refused to give the answer desired, so despite what was undoubtedly a bout of generosity on his part, she refused him still.

"I will not be here to say anything," she said, with a chill in her words. She would scream I told you so from afar, maybe, but he could count on never hearing it in the cup of his ears where she might have longed to whisper it. In this, Jinx was undeniably disloyal. He offered to allow her to remain, to speak of it another time or to reconcile one day, but those few words she had spoken plainly said that she would not see that day come. Not upon these shores.

"My shaman has returned to me," she said suddenly, with such a fervor that it seemed utterly out of place in the conversation. "He will show me where to find the strength I do not see in you." To be fair to Akhlut, the Alpha had pledged to improve, to be better... Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't. Jinx was no more tied to her half brother than to the mother he came from... Neither wolf an inspiration to her, neither hers to hold as idol. Jinx would from that point on find little inspiration in any but her shaman and her deranged friend, Clarice... She would go to Lethe as Lecter had, and though she could not trust the old Herbalist any more than she now trusted Akhlut to improve (for Jinx was judgemental at best), she trusted her shaman.

So that would then mark her departure from the Ridge, likely for good; she did not have the heart to cause disorder enough to regain order, and she knew in some deep, dark, vulnerable part of her that he was right; she would splinter them if she took over. Neither would she bow to him; so with a final defiant look that said in silence all she had said in words twice over, she parted from him.
Messages In This Thread
say yes, say yes - by Jinx - January 30, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 08, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 02:45 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 09, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 09, 2014, 03:08 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 10:56 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 10, 2014, 09:25 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 10, 2014, 03:09 PM