Jade Fern Grove mixed feelings
16 Posts
Ooc — Avery
A grin graced the regal's features when he noticed the small smile on his stoic brother's face. It was good to see Scimitar smile; from the looks of his older brother, it seemed that the fellow Frostfur hadn't smiled in ages and it worried the charcoal male. It worried the Roman a lot but naturally, he didn't let it show, instead continued to smile amiably at his brother, muscles relaxing as he listened to Scim's words, hoping that whatever the Frostfur said, it wouldn't be too bad.

Apparently, the Fates weren't on his side. That was to be expected; he never got much luck in anything.

"You are old," Estoc pointed out unhelpfully, a mischievous smirk on his lips. Dude, bad time to crack a joke. Shit. "Uh," the Roman was at a sudden lost for words before he brightened up. "No offense intended big brother, I meant that as a joke, you know. Like you're only old because you're older than me, you're my older brother. You get it?" Bad, bad, bad. Estoc, you complete ass. "Uh....um yeah. Sorry."

That sounded sincere, in reality, he just didn't want to get on Scim's bad side yet and while he didn't apologize often (not at all), he felt these were one of the rare times he needed to say the s word. Refraining from saying 'No shit Sherlock' when Scim told him things weren't good, he bit back a heavy sigh and paid attention to his brother's words. Life had been hard on the family of Frostfurs, especially on his brother. They had moved twice since he'd last saw them, that wasn't good, at all. Bad luck kept following their family, apparently. 

When Scimitar approached the topic of having a son, Estoc was more surprised at the fact that his brother had a mate and had children rather than the fact that his son had lost both eyes. Thank the gods that he hadn't said anything out loud; as much as Scim tolerated Estoc's tomfoolery antics, he was pretty sure his brother would not appreciate his statement so he kept his mouth shut. The charcoal male just didn't think anyone would like his brooding, grumpy, stoic brother, y'know? But then, Scim was good-looking. Not as good looking as Estoc, but still pretty handsome.

Maybe that was it. Yes, probably.

Apparently, Scim's mate also hated him. Definitely the looks, mate. 

"Thats.....thats a lot of shit, mate." Estoc said when Scim appeared to be done. "You have children, brother? How many? What are their names? Hows the one who lost his eyes? Is he alright? No, thats stupid. I mean, as alright as anyone without eyes can get." Estoc paused, met his brother's eyes as carefully and evenly as he could (which was a lot, thanks to his military father) and continued speaking, "I can help, Scim. I might be able to help. Not with the mate issue, but perhaps with everything else. Okay, I can't help your son but..."
Messages In This Thread
mixed feelings - by Estoc - October 01, 2015, 12:33 PM
RE: mixed feelings - by Scimitar - October 02, 2015, 02:12 PM
RE: mixed feelings - by Estoc - October 02, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: mixed feelings - by Scimitar - October 10, 2015, 09:20 AM
RE: mixed feelings - by Estoc - October 26, 2015, 12:51 AM
RE: mixed feelings - by Scimitar - October 27, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: mixed feelings - by Estoc - October 28, 2015, 09:27 AM