Lost Creek Hollow i'll be the axe that clears a forest
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Pack Activity 
Oh no, predator event! Our hunt roll this week is a success but it looks like we'll have to fend off our kill from a bear. ;P Don't feel obligated to match my length here either, felt like a bit of narrative would do us some good. This round will end on Friday, November 20th.

Tagging: @Harlyn @Luke @Ilya @Andalusia @Misty @Numa

For as small as the pack was, they had been lucky to snag a couple of prime deer along the outskirts of the territory. And they had made fine, quick work of it as far as Mordecai was concerned. With the rest of the herd regrouped somewhere beyond their line of sight, the wolves of the Hollow had made easy work of getting their fill. Even with winter about to bare down on them, the weather stayed mild and unseasonably warm. It had been drier than he had anticipated, but that had probably played a small part in whether or not they had been successful in the first place. It was always harder to hunt when ice or mud had coated the grounds.

Their bellies sated, he let them mill about for a scant few seconds before turning back towards the pair of does that had been their quarry. Now the task before them would be moving it to a cache and there were still plenty they could do with filling more of, no doubt others that needed to be cleared of old and rot as well. But he had no more grabbed a tattered leg to start pulling the doe further in to their territory when he spied the bear out in the open beyond the thinning of their forest.

Sauntering tall and broad, the old ursine had made its rounds across the valley. It had ransacked through what was left of the claim of Jade Fern Grove and now had seemingly been led by its nose towards the Hollow. Mordecai felt the all too familiar prickle of his hackles rising, his body tensing as he let go of the deer leg. Though it was at some distance from the wolves, it was clear that it was making its way toward them; Mordecai drew attention to it as his own jaws parted to snarl a warning.

In response, the bear called low and mockingly at the wolves.

murder by death — rumbrave
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Mordecai - November 16, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Ilya - November 16, 2015, 06:41 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Misty - November 17, 2015, 11:23 AM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Luke - November 17, 2015, 06:22 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Harlyn - November 18, 2015, 08:08 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Andalusia - November 19, 2015, 10:44 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Mordecai - November 21, 2015, 10:26 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Ilya - November 22, 2015, 10:19 AM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Misty - November 22, 2015, 02:16 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Mordecai - November 25, 2015, 04:46 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Luke - November 25, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Harlyn - November 26, 2015, 12:20 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Ilya - November 28, 2015, 10:43 AM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Mordecai - December 01, 2015, 12:44 AM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Luke - December 03, 2015, 06:41 PM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Misty - December 04, 2015, 08:04 AM
RE: i'll be the axe that clears a forest - by Harlyn - December 04, 2015, 07:13 PM