Moonspear some nights i feel like i have died
35 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Thanks for being patient while holidays and R&R took over for a bit there. :)

It was only Freyja. She was new and that was a balm on Kaylan. The names that he loved and hated— that would cycle on repeat at times— made his blood hot and his head fuzzy. He could forget them with someone new. For a time. Even if he had only ever seen her with his brother. She was new. She had nothing to do with it. Kaylan wasn't even sure what it was. Things were so confused. He often couldn't tell if he were dreaming or awake. He couldn't trust his memories.

She said something about not knowing what he meant. He did not bother to clarify. Perhaps it was different here— but she would always be Freyja to him. The youth bowed his head in absentminded confirmation. He repeated, "Kaylan." He wasn't much for words. It was easier to show what he wished with his body and posture. Kaylan was beginning to relax when a white male approached. All dominant and angry.

That caused him to tense. He yet remained upon the foothills of the mountain. He did not know that it was claimed. He only knew that this place was free of markers and that his brothers were likely to be nearby. Charon's presence was enough to make Kaylan confused and nervous all over again— his indifferent tone caused the yearlings lips to peel back slightly in frustration. No sound escaped. His usual kingly posture was absent and replaced with that of a frightened pup putting on its calmest face— his paws shifted slowly from side to side. Stay? Or go?

At first he didn't know how to respond. The question asked by Charon was that which haunted Kaylan so. He was similarly in need of the answer. Only now it finally occurred to him.

"Home." It was simple. It was everything. His dark blue eyes dared meet Charon. It was not a challenge— the lack of it in his posture should communicate such— but filled with the pain and confusion that had been plaguing the youth for so long.
Messages In This Thread
some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - December 27, 2015, 04:43 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Wildfire - December 28, 2015, 09:08 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - December 28, 2015, 09:19 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Wildfire - December 28, 2015, 09:26 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - December 28, 2015, 10:46 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - January 03, 2016, 11:54 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Wildfire - January 04, 2016, 10:57 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - January 04, 2016, 11:24 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - January 13, 2016, 11:59 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Wildfire - January 13, 2016, 12:08 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - January 14, 2016, 01:18 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - January 14, 2016, 10:47 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Wildfire - January 14, 2016, 11:07 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - January 16, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - January 17, 2016, 10:28 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - January 19, 2016, 09:40 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - January 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - January 19, 2016, 06:04 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 09:59 AM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Kaylan - January 20, 2016, 04:10 PM
RE: some nights i feel like i have died - by Charon - January 22, 2016, 01:48 PM