Swiftcurrent Creek I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She needn't be given well worded commands, for Njal's glance held all the information she required. It was a new thing, to be given the role of ambush. Her typical job was the chase, but perhaps it was her new-found bulk that she owed the honour to. She chocked it up to maturity and filling out, and found herself alight with pride when Clarice and Fox were singled out as the chasers. There was nothing wrong with chasing, of course... But the Kesuk's family had all been ambushers, and so she would hope to be, as well.

Her gaze lingered on Clarice a moment before she and Fox left to find their ideal hiding place. She fell in beside Njal for a time, pacing at a distance from the deer that seemed to sense its peril. She watched from afar as it struggled with the snow, encumbered by its weight and thin legs. A more perfect target would not be found this night, so for the sake of the assembled quartet, it would have to go down one way or another. She could see the dark figures of Clarice and Fox closing in on the deer, and her own legs picked up their marching to close her in as well.

But as any good wolf, she remained in waiting whilst in motion. Her strides were long and even, keeping her well distanced from the deer, but her muscles were taut ripples beneath her coat, ready to spring her to full speed at any moment. Jinx's gaze sought Njal's, held on his pale form a brief moment, and then she spurred herself to separate from him somewhat. They would come in like a claw, one from either side with the chasers at its back, should it turn to them. Should it not, then it would become a game of chase... And that was not a game that wolves often lost.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt] - by Jinx - February 23, 2014, 11:24 PM