Swiftcurrent Creek I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The deer faltered and fell, and the wolves fell upon it instantly. In the frenzy of it, Jinx wasn't sure whether it was Njal, herself, or Fox who landed the ending blow. Clarice seemed to be haunting them in the distance, strange as always, but Jinx knew that was just how she operated. For short times, she existed in their mortal world, but it never took long for the loa to whisk her back into her mental prison. No doubt the girl would feed as well, but in her own time.

She longed to force the others away, to make them wait their turn, as she had done in Shearwater, but forced herself to be patient. She was no longer the Alpha as she had been there, and there were fewer of them than Shearwater's ranks had held. Even if she was the last to feed, it was a veritable feast awaiting her. She took her fill when she had the chance, and when an opportunity presented itself, darted in to snatch at the leftovers so she could pull some meat away to make a cache closer to her usual haunts. She shared one last moment with them, lifting her head into a proud howl, before departing to find sleep at last.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt] - by Jinx - March 18, 2014, 12:29 AM