Dragoncrest Cliffs my tree house is on fire
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
That morning, she left Reek in the grotto to stew with their discovery. She ran - it was what she did when things got too complicated, or too overwhelming. To feel the wind in her fur and the earth at her paws was like tasting freedom; somehow, she imagined being an Alpha to be different from this. That life would be easier, being the top of the totem pole. Tavi couldn't go north lest she encounter Dragons, and she couldn't go south for fear of encountering Saena or the life that was left behind -- so she went west, along the cliffs and ridges, until the trees opened up to grassland and she could really run.

Soon enough Tavi's route was interrupted by large abutments of stone. They broke through the hillside as if trying to be mountains, but they were dwarfed by any mountain range she could think of; patches of stone and shale surrounded them like nests. Tavi did not linger long here, weaving between the strange stones, stopping to breathe only when the scent of the sea filled her every breath. The grass here grew tall and wild, different from the sparse array of grass that lived throughout the grotto.

She sequestered herself among some yellowing reeds so as to watch the dark sea, realizing a moment later that she was sucking air and that her eyes, they burned, which she assumed at first was the salt in the air. Everything was too much right now --- being kicked out of the Maplewood, fighting with Saena, becoming a leader, and now this? She wasn't prepared to be a parent - never wanted to be a parent. As Tavi breathed a weighted breath out of her lungs, she watched the sea, and wondered just how easy it would be to keep running.
Messages In This Thread
my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - March 30, 2016, 02:21 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - March 30, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - March 30, 2016, 08:07 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - March 31, 2016, 06:29 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - March 31, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - April 01, 2016, 05:06 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - April 01, 2016, 05:26 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - April 02, 2016, 06:56 AM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - April 02, 2016, 01:38 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - April 02, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - April 02, 2016, 02:11 PM